[Techtoolslist] FLUKE 9100A SCSI to CF Adapter - Success with Stratos CF AZTECMONSTER

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Nov 13 20:41:55 EST 2012

techtools-steve wrote:

> I received a couple emails inquiring about the SCSI to CF adapter I

> used so here are the details. Everything you need is currently

> available at a reasonable price and the physical installation was

> rather painless.

> The adapter I used is the Stratos CF AZTECMONSTER and you can buy one

> direct from Japan http://www.artmix.com/CF_AztecMonster.html but I

> found it easier and with significantly cheaper shipping to pick one up

> on ebay. There were multiple listings for the board on ebay yesterday

> but it appears each had multiple bidders and closed above the starting

> price.

> My FLUKE 9100A has the V6 roms installed and was configured using

> Service Disk 1.4. I have successfully loaded the v4-1b software with

> the v6.1 update pending availability of new disks (hint-hint Andre)!

> http://arcadehacking.com/public/fluke/FLUKE9100A_CF_AZTECHMONSTER_01.jpg

> http://arcadehacking.com/public/fluke/FLUKE9100A_CF_AZTECHMONSTER_02.jpg

> I hope this info helps someone else unbrick their Fluke 9100 after a

> fatal hard disk failure.

I have been attempting to use the ACARD 7720U SCSI to IDE (set SCSI to 0
- pull all jumpers from JP1) adapter, and while it works fine with IDE
hard drives I can't get it to work with any of my various IDE44 to CF
adapters and these write fine on the USB to IDE converter using Miray's
HDClone...

HDClone standard version will create a working image of the 9100 hard
drive that can then be dropped onto an IDE drive and substituted in the
9100 base using the ACARD SCSI to IDE adapter - however writing the
image to the CF doesn't work via the ACARD <-> (IDE <-> CF) adapters.

Anyone else have a different SCSI to CF setup that is working besides
the AZTECMONSTER that Steve wrote about?

John :-#(#