[Techtoolslist] Directory success !!! (for HDR that is.)

David Ryskalczyk d235j.1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:20:47 EST 2012

There's a Teledisk image of a service disk, as well as a bunch of
other documentation, over here:

http://www.iobium.com/9100a%20tester/

Not sure whether this one is serialized or not.

--David

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM, John Robertson <jrr at flippers.com> wrote:

> Andre Huijts wrote:

>> Andrew....I'm not stupid. I understand what it can do for about 90% by

>> now, I've read enough to have a pretty clear picture.

>> However, without any programs that actually DO a 100% test it's not really

>> worth anything right ?

>> Please stop talking down to me Andrew, I'm not a moron.....

> Hey, Andre, Andrew is just pulling your leg!

> The 9100 can be a bit of a boat anchor/door stop unless you really get into

> it. They are still in wide use industrially as they are often the only

> machine keeping production line equipment running that was designed in the

> 80s and 90s.

> Even the basic tests are superior to the 9010 though as you can easily store

> the results and easily make lookup tables for individual games if you have

> the programming option.

> I've found the renewed interest in the 9100 (thanks in large part to Andre)

> to be refreshing my desire to get this great tool in use in my shop - for

> too many years have they been sitting on a shelf being ignored. I mostly use

> the 9010 and my collection of pods to troubleshoot, and while that is fine

> for me, it would benefit my staff if I got a 9100 running with the tests

> built in for are common game board (Atari, Bally, Williams, etc.) that come

> through on a regular basis and while the test fixture gives us a pretty good

> idea of the problems, integrating a 9100 could speed up the tests

> significantly.

> The beauty of the 9100 is the GFI. I see building tests for Capcom and other

> orphans of the pinball world where no test fixtures exist or are more money

> than one cares to spend when you only see the game once every few years -

> however a guided test for the driver board, shared with this group, could

> help a number of shops deal with these games quickly.

> Making up a Bed Of Nails test jig that is hooked to the 9100 seems to be a

> good project for 2013 and I for one will be exploring this project in the

> new year.

> Have to get past Xams first - we are very busy right now!

> Still also hoping to find a non-serialized copy of 6.0 Service (was included

> in the 40MB SCSI upgrade kit) - or even a copy that has a different serial

> number to compare.

> Another project is to check the wiring changes to the motherboards - I

> suspect the latest ones (I have a "G" revision) allow you to use the 1.44

> floppies, a number of jumpers around the floppy connector...

> John :-#)#

>> Op 13 dec. 2012, om 17:50 heeft Andrew Welburn <andy at andysarcade.net> het

>> volgende geschreven:

>>> Andre..

>>> You havn't read all the manuals, and dont fully grasp what the 9100 can

>>> do. Its much, much more than a 9010, its a complete 100% pcb test system, as

>>> http://www.andys-arcade.com