[Techtoolslist] Data I/O 29B on Windows 7?

Brian P. Lucas brianplucas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 12:03:56 EDT 2013

I'm not having any speed issues and I'm using Dosbox 0.74 on Windows 7
Home Premium. The setting in Dosbox I used for the serial port was:

serial1=directserial realport:com1

I'll have to dig out my 29b and see what its settings are.

Brian

On 6/25/2013 8:54 AM, Matthew Rossiter wrote:

> This person lists some of the serial options for dosbox.

> http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=11431

> The problem I'm having is when I enable the serial port, dosbox runs

> incredibly slow. I've tried different ports and settings. Did you

> have the same issue?

> Matt

> On 6/24/2013 9:18 PM, Brian P. Lucas wrote:

>> I use Promlink on Win 7 with DosBox and a usb to serial adapter. Its

>> been a few years, but I think you need to change some settings for

>> the com ports in Dosbox to make it work though.

>> Brian

>> On 6/24/2013 11:12 PM, Kevin Moore wrote:

>>> I'm curious if anyone has tried using Dosbox since promlink runs in

>>> a dos

>>> window. I believe Dosbox is window and vista 64 compliant.

>>> Kevin