[Techtoolslist] Data I/O 29B on Windows 7?

Matthew Rossiter matt at rossiters.com
Tue Jun 25 13:01:12 EDT 2013

That's the setting I have. I tried specifying other parameters as well,
such as baud rate, etc.

It looks like it's an issue with DosBox and my particular Trendnet TU-S9
USB/Serial adapter. I swapped in my Airlink 101 and it works perfect.
Hmmm. Under XPmode they both work fine.
The funny thing is, they both use the same software which I downloaded
from trendnet.

So DosBox seems to work ok.

Matt

On 6/25/2013 9:03 AM, Brian P. Lucas wrote:

> I'm not having any speed issues and I'm using Dosbox 0.74 on Windows 7

> Home Premium. The setting in Dosbox I used for the serial port was:

> serial1=directserial realport:com1

> I'll have to dig out my 29b and see what its settings are.

> Brian

> On 6/25/2013 8:54 AM, Matthew Rossiter wrote:

>> This person lists some of the serial options for dosbox.

>> http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=11431

>> The problem I'm having is when I enable the serial port, dosbox runs

>> incredibly slow. I've tried different ports and settings. Did you

>> have the same issue?

>> Matt

>> On 6/24/2013 9:18 PM, Brian P. Lucas wrote:

>>> I use Promlink on Win 7 with DosBox and a usb to serial adapter.

>>> Its been a few years, but I think you need to change some settings

>>> for the com ports in Dosbox to make it work though.

>>> Brian