[Techtoolslist] Anybody ever make a Fluke pod?

Mike Coates mike at the-coates.com
Sun Feb 1 18:41:14 EST 2015

I did a PCB for the S2650 adapter long ago, still have some around if
you need one.

http://www.arcades.plus.com/s2650_fluke_adapter.htm

has proved useful over the years (with Zaccaria Invaders PCB's)

A friend made an S2650 tester using an Arduino that can be controlled
from a PC and will do the usual tests but will also emulate the S2650 to
run code. Not sure if he released any info on it though

If I were looking to create a fluke-pod-a-like, I would probably start
with one of these ... http://pin4.at/pro_misc.php#fdil ... a 5v tolerant
FPGA which you can setup as whatever CPU you like, with communication
to/from the PC for results / control.

I must admit that I don't often use use run UUT - usually just to get
the test board to a particular point in the game (I use it to repair
arcade boards) where a screen glitch / problem appears and then do a
'read 0' to stop it so I can probe things to see what is happening, not
really found many other uses for it