[Techtoolslist] Kurz Kasch test fixture cards on eBay

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Thu Feb 19 00:30:51 EST 2015

On 02/18/2015 7:02 PM, Matthew Rossiter wrote:
> I bought a set for Atari Tank only to find out I already have it. :)
>
> I notice Kurz Kasch never made a set of cards for Atari Basketball
> AFAIK so I made a pretty nice little rig using a variac to control the
> input voltage.   I just need to make a simple 555 timer - duty cycle
> circuit like they have to mimic the trackball in other games so that I
> don't have to hunt down a 4.5 inch trackball.  Anybody got a schematic
> I can use?
>
> Matt

Don't you need two pulsing signals for each axis? Rotation and
direction? How can you do that with a single 555 timer? Seems to me you
would need a dual timer with an offset depending on which direction you
want to 'go'.

Or am I missing something?

The Atari CTS-1 used a dual opto spinner for this sort of thing.

John :-#)#