[Techtoolslist] Galaxian Fluke 9100A signatures

Andre Huijts a.huijts at upcmail.nl
Thu Jul 9 12:09:17 EDT 2015

Hi John,

Thanks and I fully agree with your entire response :)

Actually I thought about that starting vector might not be for all microprocessors when I watched the video again, I'll add a note when I have some time, thanks !

Yes I'd love to make a script like that for sure ! It would be a good first exercise but like you my time is limited and although I have good experience in Basic and Pascal and some C++ , this is quite a bit different.

I wonder why they didn't (or did they) make a "record" option that would generate a script while you perform the tests manually. I understand that later editing would be needed for the various results (good/bad) but it would make a good start.

Andy wrote a script to calculate the regular CRC checksums on the 9100A which are also shown by Romident: http://www.andysarcade.net/personal/tech/fluke9100/DSC_2379.JPG

My first goal is to enter that script, will be a good finger exercise before doing any scripting myself.

Yes the video only demonstrates the things a 9010 can do too, however even for these tests there are two pretty important differences: as far as I've understood the 9100 does the tests more thorough and faster.
But I thought I'd start with the basics and honestly also what I mostly understand now. I understand most of all the other capabilities and I have loads of extra's with the system like clock module, ROM modules etc.etc which I don't understand yet....so there is a lot to be discovered....if useful :)

André

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

> [...]
>
> The annoying part about the 9100 is the programming language has not proven popular with enough people to get folks to share their program scripts so we could get a core of programs for people to build from.
>
> Many of the tests you describe on the 9100 can be done on the 9010, the power of the 9100 is if you can write scripts that the machine stores on board and you then run them as a computer aided diagnostic tool. I would love to use the 9100 more, but I don't repair enough boards to then want to spend the time learning the 9100 language enough to generate service scripts.
>
> Sharing 9100 scripts for testing individual components and the basic building blocks would only help everyone so that is what I propose.
>
> For example - a script to test the 6821 and 6520. These two ICs are very similar I/O devices and share almost all functions. I'd like to see a script which allows one to set the I/O ports to inputs/outputs and read or write to those ports (or individual pins) with a followup script for the expansion pod to both input and read outputs of the logic board I/O ports. Thus one could set up a test bed and use the script as a building block to test the boards you are interested in.
>
> Other I/O devices - 8255, 6532, simple TTL I/O could then follow.
>
> Then examples of how to write scripts for doing the board preliminary tests would be of benefit to the group of folks who play with the 9100.
>
> John :-#)#
>
>> On 07/09/2015 1:27 AM, Andre Huijts wrote:
>> Well, that didn’t come over very well…..
>>
>> I just shared my Numbers document so everyone can see it, when I update it it will get updated automatically too:
>>
>> https://www.icloud.com/numbers/AwBUCAESEE5y2qCeoAXOG8sqQGggsMIaKbJLDaOZmWbosjtZHRkyTEqF5TPwm1Eluj725HvNzK29lnTJZUvp4rr5MCUCAQEEIFTL9fKl7mElO7x7QvumaDLsNfOwydRC5lK37Zm06xXf#Fluke_9100A_signatures <https://www.icloud.com/numbers/AwBUCAESEE5y2qCeoAXOG8sqQGggsMIaKbJLDaOZmWbosjtZHRkyTEqF5TPwm1Eluj725HvNzK29lnTJZUvp4rr5MCUCAQEEIFTL9fKl7mElO7x7QvumaDLsNfOwydRC5lK37Zm06xXf#Fluke_9100A_signatures>
>>

>> If anyone has 9100A signatures to ad please mail them to me or here and I’ll add them.
>>
>> Also: I made a video about the 9100A, mostly because I was appalled that there was not a single video about it on Youtube.
>>
>> Most of us here will find it boring as it’s only explaining the very essential stuff mostly for people who still don’t know what a 9010/9100 can so (but to be honest, who needs more ?)
>>
>> It didn’t turn out great in focus quality, I’ll see if I can redo it with a proper video camera.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwB4_CDSS2w&feature=youtu.be <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwB4_CDSS2w&feature=youtu.be>
>>

>> Cheers, André
>>

>>> Op 9 jul. 2015, om 00:35 heeft Andre Huijts <a.huijts at upcmail.nl> het volgende geschreven:
>>>
>>> For what it’s worth…..not sure which ROM versions they are so your mileage may vary…. :D

>>> 7U
>>> 000-7FF
>>> E8E3
>>> 7A5F