[Techtoolslist] Fluke 8080 pod problem

Paul Hogger simply.nes at btopenworld.com
Tue Aug 11 12:27:28 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,I've got an 8080 pod it came with my Fluke 9010a that has never worked, it usually passes self test but some times reports fail 00 depending on what sort of mood it is in. :)
I've had it in bits and tested both cables and all the socketed chips (apart from the 6532A which I've ordered). As soon as I try to do any ram, rom tests etc it just says pod timed out.
I think the problem is a missing resistor (R3) on the top board, can anyone that has fixed or has one of these please confirm if R3 is meant to be populated? It's missing from my board but looks like it was installed at some point. I have taken some pictures as there's a few mods that have been done and hopefully someone can confirm if these are factory mods or not.
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o579/games2replay/8080%20Pod/1_zpswul3jucm.jpgThis is the bottom of the bottom pcb, as you can see there's an added diode and a hole in the pcb next to it.
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o579/games2replay/8080%20Pod/2_zpsvhryebwv.jpgThis is the missing R3 resistor on the top pcb.
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o579/games2replay/8080%20Pod/3_zpsu4nuvzgp.jpgand finally the bottom of the top board has a resistor and jumper added.
I think the mods are mostly likely original but I do think R3 needs replacing, before I replace it if someone could please confirm this next time they have a 8080 pod on the bench I'd really appreciate it.
Cheers Paul.