[Techtoolslist] 9100 replacement screen?

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Thu Dec 3 02:13:29 EST 2015

On 12/02/2015 6:03 PM, Tony Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:51 PM, William Stillwell
> <wkstill at franz-family.com> wrote:
>> Join the club, I also have a 9100 with a bad screen.
> I'm assuming it's "TUBE, DISPLAY, VAC, FLUOR PATTERN DIS"  in the
> service manual.
> Fluke stock# and manufacturer part# are both 742056.   Hmmn.   I guess
> I'll need to desolder it
> to see if I can make out any additional identification.

See if you can find "Noritake Itron DM256X26GB (21B) " that was the make
and model of the tube.

The previous thread here on this topic was in August of this year -
subject line: "Looking for a 9100A VFD display" and before that in Feb
2015 "Wanted: Fluke 9100A VFD Display" and before that "Fluke 9010A
Display problem" in March of 2013, and before that "WTB 9010 fluorescent
display" in June of 2010, and before that in 2002:

*/I just heard back from my contact (John Konishi) and there are 26 tubes
left for the 9100, net cost (FOB Toronto, Canada) is $185 Canadian
(approximately $115US) plus shipping and any duties (if applicable to
the USA). They will do single orders.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> John Konishi / Noritake Canada
Ltd. PH: 416-291-2946 Ex 240 FA: 416-292-0239 e-mail: /**/jkonishi at noritake.ca/**/URL: /**/http://www.noritake-itron.com/**/<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Please order only what you
need, I am also letting Shy (NAVATEK) in on this as he is being
supportive of the group, he is sending my the 9100 backup program that
he is allowing us to share - plus he told Cory who made the tube and the
part number which enabled me to find these. He needs to support his
industrial client base...I've asked him to leave five for us. I'm
ordering one.../*

I actually ordered something like 4, and only have one left for my
personal spare. It is possible that Noritake in Toronto still has these
- give them a call!