[Techtoolslist] Speeding up the 9100?

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Mon Dec 7 19:39:16 EST 2015

On 12/07/2015 4:30 PM, John Robertson wrote:
> On 12/07/2015 4:25 PM, John Robertson wrote:
>> Seeing as we are talking a bit about the 9100 - has anyone looked
>> into speeding one of these up? Used to be there were speedup kits for
>> old Apple and Atari computers that ran the 68000 (9100A uses the
>> 68000) that involved a 68010, 68020, or 68030 and some glue...
>>
>> http://atariage.com/forums/topic/172961-was-16mhz-the-fastest-68000-accelerator-ever-made-for-st-line/
>>

>> Might be fun for someone with some spare time!
>>
>> John :-#)#
> Found the Pak 68030 info: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/pak3
>
> This just cries out for a FPGA! Right...
>
> John :-#)#

(c't = a german magazine about 'Computer Technics'. Check out their
website ) <http://www.heise.de>

And a bit further and I can't do any more - the source for the PAK68/3
is found in these German Computer Technics magazine articles - and I
can't read German!

https://shop.heise.de/katalog/doppel-pak

https://shop.heise.de/katalog/alles-unter-kontrolle-2

https://shop.heise.de/katalog/falcon-on-your-mind

Cost a couple of Euros each. Includes source code for GALs, etc.

So, a really FAST 9100 may be possible...using CF (thanks to Andy and
his pal), next someone needs to create a video card...