[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100a & 9100ft VGA modification

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Jan 13 01:02:07 EST 2016

On 01/12/2016 2:08 PM, Steve Larkins wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I just spent the last couple of evening working on modifying my 9100ft to
> colour VGA after years of using the fluke black and white monitor.
>
> I have documented how I have done it on my website here:
> https://sites.google.com/a/boomspace.co.uk/poachersropeworkshop/test-equipment/logic-testers/fluke/9100a-9100ft-9110a
>
> I have also documented how I replaced the SCSI hard drive with the SCSI2SD
> adapter.
>
> Many thanks to Martin White and Andrew Welburn for their previous work and
> assistance.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve Larkins

Nice work Steve, I have a couple of old CGA monitors so didn't need to
upgrade, but using the 9820 card allows one to use a flat VGA screen
which fits much better on the bench! Older flat displays that are 4:3
are around and will work just fine with that setup.

Your suggestion of adding an external CF slot is just dandy. When I get
around to learning the coding for the 9100 I will track me down one of
those extenders.

Thanks,