[Techtoolslist] Tape for Fluke async clock probe

Ian Eure ieure at icloud.com
Mon Jan 18 22:18:17 EST 2016

Does anyone have a good, complete dump of the tape that came along with the async probe for the Fluke 9010a? I have a console with the async clock module, and the probe, but no copy of the tape, which is needed to tun it.

I've found a few dumps[1][2][3], but they all appear to be incomplete. Per the manual[4], the tape has two sides, but I don’t see any dumps of side B. All three of the side A dumps are missing programs 12-18, they only have “<BINARY>” placeholders. These seem to be the programs which actually drive the async probe, so it seems unlikely that it would operate without them. Perhaps binary data can’t be transferred via the serial port? I’ll be very annoyed if that’s the case, since working tape drives are rare and I don’t think anybody has figured out how to repair them.

[1]: http://www.coinopflorida.com/fluke/9010A%20Arcade%20Scripts/async.s
[2]: http://www.coinopflorida.com/fluke/9010A%20Arcade%20Scripts/SA-async.s
[3]: http://www.coinopflorida.com/fluke/9010A%20Arcade%20Scripts/ASYNC-R.S
[4]: http://arcarc.xmission.com/Test%20Equipment/Fluke/9000/9000A-006%20Async%20Probe1.pdf