[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9010 -> 9100 questions & trades

Ian Eure ieure at icloud.com
Mon Feb 8 16:38:50 EST 2016

Hello, all. I've been reading up, and am considering building out a 9100 setup to replace my 9010. Figured I'd reach out and ask for some advice and see if anyone was interested in working a trade.

Couple questions.

Can someone enumerate the differences between the 9100A and 9110FT? Looks like: Faster CPU (68030 vs 68000), different PCB layout, and can be expanded to 15(?)mb RAM (vs. 4mb) Anything else?

The 9100FT service manual mentions needing to change an EEPROM when upgrading the RAM. Has anyone done this? Is it also necessary for the 9100A?

Is the 9132 pod useful for arcade stuff? Looks like it's for 32-bit machines only — maybe you can use one to troubleshoot another 91xx machine?

From the manuals, it seems that all the calibration procedures require the probe. I was under the impression that the 91xx probe was identical to the 9010 probe, but I now see that this isn't the case. Can someone speak to how useful the mainframe would be without a probe?

Generally, without the harder to find video option, is it a significant upgrade from the 9010a / worth the money?

If anyone has 9100 stuff they'd be interested in trading, I have some parts I'd offer. Everything tested/working except as noted.

 - 9132-024 ROM interface (can't test, fuse & cover missing)
 - 9132-028 & -032 ROM interfaces (can't test, complete)
 - 9010a w/serial, working except tape drive
 - 9010a w/o serial, working except tape drive & push-push buttons don't lock on.
 - 9010a probe
 - 2x NOS wrapped Braemar microcassettes
 - Like new 6809 pod w/manual
 - 6502 pod
 - 8080 pod
 - 6800 pod
 - 1802 pod
 - Z80 pod

& I think I'd be interested in locating:

 - 9100A or FT
 - Video card
 - Probe
 - DIP clip modules