[Techtoolslist] replacing flat cables/connectors

sprout.the at gmail.com sprout.the at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:16:40 EDT 2016

> I'm not so sure - there is something going on in the 40-pin DIP header
> on those cables as they have different numbers depending on the POD. I
> suspect grounds are what is varied, but never tested that supposition...
>
> http://flippers.com/fluke.html <http://flippers.com/fluke.html>
>
> Note the different part numbers for the UUT cables at the bottom of the
> page...
>
> John :-#(#

John-

I had a 6502 pod with the flat cable, and successfully replaced it using a section of flat cable I cut to length, and using the connector noted by Tony.  The only downside is that instead of having the cable come in the top/middle of the connector, it comes in the side, which makes it a bit tricky for some applications, but I’ve had zero issues beyond that otherwise.

Regards,

Brent