[Techtoolslist] replacing flat cables/connectors

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Wed May 18 15:55:05 EDT 2016

On May 18, 2016 5:16 AM, <sprout.the at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a 6502 pod with the flat cable, and successfully replaced it using
a section of flat cable I cut to length, and using the connector noted by
Tony.  The only downside is that instead of having the cable come in the
top/middle of the connector, it comes in the side, which makes it a bit
tricky for some applications, but I’ve had zero issues beyond that
otherwise.

Hi Brent.  Thanks for this.   Have you ever seen a 64 pin version of these
connectors?  Several companies seem to make a 40 pin "dip plug" (as they
seem to be called) but I've had no luck locating a 64 pin version.

best

Tony