[Techtoolslist] Wireless Enabled Fluke 9010A Files

Brad Gass bradg at digitalplains.net
Mon Oct 3 11:04:30 EDT 2016

All,

John Robertson has kindly agreed to host the various files I have relating to the WiFi 9010A adapter widget I put together a year or so ago in order to preserve them and make them open for future use.

They are currently uploaded to the TTL archive FTP site, located at ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Fluke/9010%20Series/BradGass_WiFi/

The PCB Gerber artwork, BOM, and different install/configuration documents are all there if anyone wants to build their own someday.  I've also previously tooled and ordered PCB's from OSHPark for the units I built, and have shared those projects if you'd like to order full-spec boards versus rolling your own.  Links to the OSHPark PCB projects are in the "misc info" PDF.

The adapter isn't anything fancy, and it's not the cheapest possible solution.  But it is self contained, stable, and certainly accomplished what *I* wanted it to.  With that, I'm putting it out there as one small contribution back to the community for all to use if you would like to.

One hardware "feature" I hadn't thought of (or originally intended to have) is that you also get the ability to connect the 9010A via USB if you wish using the onboard FTDI USB serial port.  John Robertson worked out that configuration, and I'm guessing would share that process and pics if asked.

And finally, one uploaded document pertains to importing a Windows XP virtual machine I built to run FIDE (and now other) utilities in.  Although I really can't officially or legally share that software image, I can say that it works really well for me, is simple to setup, and should hopefully extend the useful life of vintage equipment and software for a long time into the future.

Enjoy!

--Brad