[Techtoolslist] Weekend project

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Mon Nov 7 10:11:41 EST 2016

I believe two pins are transposed on the schematic.   The code in question
was  based on the following:
http://www.electronic-engineering.ch/microchip/projects/keyboard/v1xx/keyboard_v1xx.html

This above code is freely distributable (non commercial) but the author of
the Fluke changes stated he was revoking the license to distribute his code
changes.

Andrew Finn reimplemented using the much smaller 12f675 pic for his ABI
4000 keyboard adapter which doesn't require an external oscillator and so
fits inside a 5 pin din connector housing.  Unfortunately he based his code
on the above Fluke code rather than the original Swiss code so he will not
release his code either.

Unfortunate situation.  I was planning on reimplementing for both 9100 and
4000 but have not yet found the freetime. It would be nice to have
something that is under the GPL but reimplementing the whole codebase
rather than just the Fluke/ABI changes is a lot more work.

HTH

Tony