[Techtoolslist] Realllly need a Z80/AA

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Tue Aug 8 15:03:27 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:32 AM, William Stillwell <ki4swy at gmail.com> wrote:
> at some point in time, we are going to need to create replacment pod cables
> :)

The easiest option is to probably use what Paul Swan came up with
(https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=305211
https://www.oshpark.com/shared_projects/4DNVi8Y0).

The use of IDC type headers for the pins isn't ideal as their
dimensions are much larger than what Fluke used and over repeated
insertions may damage a socket.     I noticed a seller on eBay was
using similar to these for the underside of his AVG replacement board
(https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/40-600-10/A136-ND/26427).
The pin dimension is pretty close to what Fluke used on their probe
heads.  It looks like Aries makes a more suitable post version rather
than a fork (40-600-20) but availability is scant,  maybe there is
something with better general availability?