[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9110FT SPECTRUM-TX diskettes imaged

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Tue Jan 2 23:22:21 EST 2018

Tony Jones writes:

> Thanks for doing that Martin.  I'm curious to see if the 9110 FT disk
> will load on a 9100FT (the 9110FT flyer says nothing about what the hw
> diffs are if any).

I doubt there’s much differece, if any.

Dumping strings from the stuff on the 9110FT disk, I see a reference
to "/system/model", "9105", and "9110FT."  So my guess is that it
refuses to run unless the model is reported as one of those.  I think
this is a virtual file that OS-9 exposes, based on the contents of the
configuration EEPROM.  I believe the service disk

Unfortunately, that file isn’t accessible from TL/1, so I’m not sure
what’s in it.

> Getting the PC side software working with
> modern Windows and a GPIB card or USB->GPIB converter could be an
> interesting challenge.

Probably easier to run it on hardware.  Or figure out what it’s
sending over the GPIB and make a new version from scratch.

I fired up the PC software in a VM.  It tries to establish contact
with the 9100 and quits if it can’t, so not much help there.

The IEEE configuration utility lists all the supported GPIB cards.
They’re all ISA, and seem to be $20-$60 on eBay.

  -- Ian