[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9110FT SPECTRUM-TX diskettes imaged

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Wed Jan 3 00:27:49 EST 2018

Ian Eure writes:

> Tony Jones writes:
>
>> Thanks for doing that Martin.  I'm curious to see if the 9110 FT disk
>> will load on a 9100FT (the 9110FT flyer says nothing about what the hw
>> diffs are if any).
>>
> I doubt there’s much differece, if any.
>
> Dumping strings from the stuff on the 9110FT disk, I see a reference
> to "/system/model", "9105", and "9110FT."  So my guess is that it
> refuses to run unless the model is reported as one of those.

I’m not sure I was right about this.  The README on the PC disk
discusses initialization, which happens the first time Spectrum-TX is
run on the mainframe, and notes, "This process may take up to a minute
to complete on a 9110FT, or longer on older 9100 series models."

Which I think would be a 9100A, since I don’t think there was a 9110A.

  -- Ian