[Techtoolslist] 9010 service manual revision / mainboard revisions

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Sat Feb 17 18:12:34 EST 2018

Hi

Does anyone have a 9010 service manual change/revision sheet newer
than "Issue 2 6/84" that they'd be willing to scan in?

I picked up a large number of 9010 mainframes and I was curious on the
various mainboard (579268) revisions.

The 9010 service manual (page 7A-2) documents upto revision E.   Issue
2 of the change sheet that I have documents through revision J.

I took some pics (link below), a few of the mainboards are revision P
and P-1.   One looks like a 'Y' but I initially dismissed that
thinking I must be misreading it, as it's a big jump from P.   A
couple are rev "AB".  I initially took this to mean a very early rev
but I noticed each AB has is a "Buffer Assy daughterboard" in place of
one of the ICs that is marked (c) 1987 which is 3 years after the
Issue 2 changesheet.  So I'm thinking AB is actually a revision
rollover past Z.

Link to pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kMAyUxVwNTsjIQjGeWbC1ssNOsHxmEsO

Also while I'm here a couple of tangential questions:

1) Anyone know if this eBay unit (without an opening for the
006/async) is an early or later version of the 9010?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263328233619

2) http://tech.quarterarcade.com/tech/Fluke/9010A/     Does anyone
have more info on what the 9010 GFI option looks like?   There isn't
any GFI option checkbox on the underside of the case.

Thanks!