[Techtoolslist] 9010 service manual revision / mainboard revisions

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Sat Feb 17 19:35:17 EST 2018

On 2018/02/17 3:12 PM, Tony Jones via Techtoolslist wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone have a 9010 service manual change/revision sheet newer
> than "Issue 2 6/84" that they'd be willing to scan in?
>
> I picked up a large number of 9010 mainframes and I was curious on the
> various mainboard (579268) revisions.
>
> The 9010 service manual (page 7A-2) documents upto revision E.   Issue
> 2 of the change sheet that I have documents through revision J.

> 2) http://tech.quarterarcade.com/tech/Fluke/9010A/     Does anyone
> have more info on what the 9010 GFI option looks like?   There isn't
> any GFI option checkbox on the underside of the case.

The only reference to GFI I can find in the manuals is Guided Fault
Isolation - which is a process you set up on either the 9010 or 9100
when building a test program.

from Troubleshooter V4#2:

Guided Fault Isolation. Under Guided Fault Isolation (GFI), the 9100A
Series controls the entire troubleshooting proc-

ess, telling the operator what to do at each step and interpreting all
the response data. The operator doesn't even have to enter
board-specific information: all reference and parts data,
interconnectivity information, stim- ulus patterns, and known-good re-
sponses have already been stored on the system by your system program-
mers. A key advantage of Guided Fault Isolation is that all operators
can benefit from the knowledge of your most experienced test engineers.

Built-in Fault-Tracing Algorithm. Man- ually generating automated test
pro- grams would be tedious and time- consuming. Fortunately, the 9100A
Series includes many features that simplify the process considerably,
reducing devel- opment time from several months to a matter of days or
weeks. Key among these is a built-in fault-tracing algorithm that
contains all the decision-tree logic, allowing the programmer to enter
all other information in a simple database format.

and from the 9010A Advanced Training Workbook (9010):

ADVANCED MICRO-SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTER TRAINING

Display and Print Messages

When designing a Guided Fault Isolation (GFI) program you will probably
use a lot of display, or printer messages, These messages are used to
guide the operator through the circuitry of the UUT, telling him what
needs to be done next. You will find that a lot of these messages are
repetitive and time consuming for the programmer. In aadition these
messages consume a lot of memory space, especially when they are
repeated throughout a GFI program.

I have not seen anything else, perhaps the GFI you are talking about was
a tape for the 9010?

John :-#)#