[Techtoolslist] 9100 FT RTC

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Tue Mar 15 14:03:50 EDT 2022

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 10:42 AM Kevit Desai <kevitdesai at gmail.com> wrote:

> The RTC battery failed on my 9100FT, upon replacement , i get the
> following error: real time clock not initialized.

Did you perform the external battery hack or use a replacement RTC?     My
experience of the later is that many are fakes.

Anyways, the "not initialized" message is normal.  Until you manually reset
the time/date.

I am unable to access keys or the disk and floppy drive. I am aware that
> such problems have been posted in the past.

This is not.   I've fixed multiple dead RTC and never had this happen.

I have heard of people being unable to boot from floppy after (incorrectly)
changing the floppy type using the service disk (the solution to which is
to write the service image onto a hard drive and boot that) but from
what you say above you are unable to access even the hard drive?

As I said I can't recall someone reporting this but I could be wrong,  can
you provide the URL of past reports (
http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/techtoolslist/) that you feel are
similar?

Tony