[Techtoolslist] 9100FT RTC

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Thu Mar 17 11:06:13 EDT 2022

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 11:59 PM Kevit Desai <kevitdesai at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not able to boot with the scsi card installed, when I remove it i am
> able to boot from the service disk and also install system software.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "install system software".

a) you cannot do that if you have he SCSI card removed

b) previously you said (with the SCSI card removed) if you tried to boot
from floppy using the 3 system floppies it would hang at the end of this
boot..

At this point I would do the following:

1. Remove scsi card.
2. Boot service floppy and enable i/o error reporting
3. With scsi card still removed,  boot from the 3 system floppies.    Does
it boot into normal operation?

If you're getting i/o errors you may have bad floppies and bad HDD.   Get a
SCSI2SD and use the image William pointed you to.  Also buy a Gotek to
replace the floppy.