[Techtoolslist] 9100FT RTC

Kevit Desai kevitdesai at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 04:20:56 EDT 2022

Thanks William, yes i think the reason the 9100FT does not boot from the
existing hard disk could be because of a disk IO issue, i also find it
strange that until I don’t remove the MIF/ SCSI card the system does not
boot up. I am unable to boot the system with F2,F4 and soft key with the
SCSI card connected to the system. When I remove the SCSI card, and
initiate a boot using F2,F4 and soft key  i am able to access service disk,
and under normal startup the system ask me to insert system disk, once all
is loaded the system hangs.
Thanks Tony, I did enable reporting of IO errors but observed no change or
errors reported, I am not sure what to expect.
I did the following:
Remove SCSI card
Boot service floopy ,enable IO reporting
Boot from the 3 system floppies
No it does not boot into normal operation instead hangs with no access to
the keys
I am looking into the SCSI2SD option, but not quite sure as to why the
system hangs and the system being unable to progress with SCSI card in,
only to display : real time clock not initialized.
Many thanks to all your advice, i very much appreciate.
--

Regards,
Kevit Desai