[Techtoolslist] 9100FT RTC

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Fri Mar 18 11:36:10 EDT 2022

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022, 1:21 AM Kevit Desai <kevitdesai at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I remove the SCSI card, and
> initiate a boot using F2,F4 and soft key  i am able to access service disk,

With the scsi card removed booting from dr1 (floppy) should now be the
default.  I suspect you are not invoking soft f2 f4 correctly which is the
cause of your inability to override with the scsi card installed.

> Thanks Tony, I did enable reporting of IO errors but observed no change or
> errors reported, I am not sure what to expect.

Boot from service again and verify disc error reporting is now the default
setting.

With it enabled any disc errors will be displayed on the VFD.

You can certainly buy a SCSI2SD.  You can also remove the HDD and test it
works on a different SCSI controller.  Lots of debugging options.

It is not unusual to have issues with the floppies or floppy drive, for $20
you can buy a Gotek floppy emulator, install FlashFloppy firmware and
install this instead of the Fluke floppy drive.  If you can't boot into
normal mode using the 3 floppy images via Gotek you absolutely have a
hardware issue of some form.

Good luck

Tony