[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9000 Pod (Z80) UUT ribbon cable

Greg Baumgratz voyager at galaxian.com
Mon Jan 2 14:32:45 EST 2023

Happy New Year to all!

There's not much in my TTL archive about this, and varying
opinions/options upon web searches but I wanted to see what the current
thought are on this topic?  I have a Z80 pod that works depending on how
you position the pod/cable.  If it's working you can twist the cable
slightly at the pod and it will stop working. I have pulled it apart and
did notice that the upper level ground foil did split and I bridged this
will wire/solder.  Still seems to be doing failing.  The 40 pin dip side
seems fine - any options?  Has anyone re-terminated the pod side?  Any
replacements available?  I see some pages reference just using a 40 pin
flat cable - has anyone tried this and if so what are your experiences?

Thanks,
Greg