[Techtoolslist] Fluke keyboards question

Barry Shilmover barry at shilmover.com
Mon Feb 13 19:18:31 EST 2023

Update:

Thanks to Chris sending me pictures, I was able to figure it out.  I
thought the PCB on the 9100 and the 1020 were the same.  Well, technically,
they are identical, same part number (mine is rev 2, the image I have is
rev3), etc.  However!!  I noticed that there is space for a chip that is
not populated (labeled ‘ST1-ST8’).  its not for a chip, its a set of
possible jumpers.

The 9100 pcb has a jumper in the first position.  Mine (1020) has no
jumpers.  Adding a jumper on mine and they keyboard works on the 9100!  So
it looks like this PCB can support different keyboard Matrix(es) with just
different jumpers.

9100 PCB:

1020 PCB (solder is from my test):

Here is what the back of the PCB looks like with the jumpers going to the
eprom:

Still need a keyboard as the keys are all wrong, but its good progress.

On February 13, 2023 at 9:05:16 AM, Barry Shilmover (barry at shilmover.com)