[Techtoolslist] 9100 script? - identify address

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Apr 11 21:04:10 EDT 2023

On 2023/04/08 10:49 a.m., John Robertson via Techtoolslist wrote:
> On 2023/04/05 3:38 p.m., John Robertson via Techtoolslist wrote:
>>>
>>> Or perhaps the script is hiding in the 9100 Training?
>>>
>>> Actually the LEARN (AUTO_LEARN) function is in the 9100A/AF
>>> Technical User's Manual - and the disc image is in the UUT Test Disk.
>>>
>>> John :-#)#
>>>
>> Well, I found the disk (and the 6.0 Service Disc) and forgot that
>> when you copy a Service disk onto the HDR it will over-write the
>> operating system. So now I have to reload 6.1 (found the floppies).
>> At least my floppy drive is working well.
>>
>> I don't know/remember enough about the 9100 yet, but it seems that
>> for the most part you should always save programs on floppies. That
>> isn't going to end well!
>>
>> The LEARN function is handy. I'll scan the documents and put them on
>> TTL shortly. And once I remember how to use the added USB function I
>> added to the 9100 years ago (along with the SCSI Micro-SD card) I'll
>> copy the accompanying floppy disc.
>>
>> John :-#)#
>
> I've uploaded the section on 9100A/AF LEARN to the /Fluke/9100/PDFs
> directory and also tidied up the directory a bit, and added
> -searchable to the files that are.
>
> https://www.flippers.com/public_ftp/flip/public/TTL/TestEquipment/Fluke/9100%20Series/9100_Fixture_PDFs/9100A_3_TechnicalUsersManual_PN864637_AF_Addendum-searchable.pdf
>

> Sooner or later I'll upload the UUT companion disc to the FTP site,
> once I remember how to create an image file...it's been perhaps 12
> years since I last did one.
>
> John :-#)#

Further - I have extracted the text from the UUT Test Disk image (using
SAMdisk - https://simonowen.com/samdisk/ ), it is written in TL/1
language, and I have uploaded that raw extract to:

https://www.flippers.com/public_ftp/flip/public/TTL/TestEquipment/Fluke/9100%20Series/9100_Fixture_PDFs/9100-UUT_TEST_DISK.TXT

It is not a perfect extraction, and I suspect there are some errors,
hopefully folks here who may be interested are more familiar with TL/1
and can tidy it up further.

Here is the description of the tests on the UUT disk:

!! auto_learn -- AUTOTEST and LEARN
!! ================================
!!
!! This program provides a LEARN and AUTOTEST capability similar to the
!! FLUKE 9010A.  This program provides a softkey driven user interface
!! to invoke the learn algorithm (a seperate program "DO_LRN" (copyrighted))
!! and to test the resulting learned descriptors.  Additionally, it provides
!! a facility to view the learned descriptors and to add additional ones.
!! The learned descriptors are stored in a local text file named
"LEARN_INFO".
!!
!! Note:  since TL/1 does not have access to pod space information, when a
!! LEARN is performed it uses the address space active when this program
!! (AUTO_LEARN) is invoked and stores it with each descriptor.

                  John's Jukes Ltd.
7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
Call (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                  flippers.com