[Techtoolslist] Hp/agilent/keysight 16702b

davids at oz.net davids at oz.net
Sat May 20 23:35:05 EDT 2023

Got the scsi2sd in, put a card in and configured drive one as a 32gb hard drive.

Burned the ignite ISO image.

Set the date/time but it didn't stick, had to change the battery on the main board, coin cell but requires you to pull the CPU board out completely which is a pain.

Now the date / time survive a reboot.

Did the reignite, which worked fine (though it threw an error about being able to copy something or another and than sat there for 5 minutes and I gave up and shut it down) Tried again and let it sit and it continued fine and finished after about an hour.

Have loaded:
16522A pattern generator card
16550A 102 channel state/timing card

And loaded my 16530/16531 oscilloscope cards.  But apparently I misread the compatibility matrix and these are not supported on the 16700 series. ☹

Anyone have a spare 16533A or 16534A card they want to part with?  I found a 16500 on ebay with one but it would end up being $500 for the unit with shipping.

Need to find a PS2 mouse, my box of "wired" mice are all usb.

David