[Techtoolslist] Logic analysis and the Atari Test connector?

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed May 24 20:41:42 EDT 2023

On 2023/05/24 12:59 p.m., davids at oz.net wrote:
> I have a missile command board which using the fluke 9010 passes all
> memory
> and rom tests perfectly. Also can exercise the pokey with no problem.
>

> But when I try to go to UUT the game just starts to make an explosionish
> sound and then watchdogs. Game mode and test mode.
>

> Verified the WD is working correctly.
>

> So my next thought was to connect the 16702B to the CPU address and data
> lines and see if I could figure out where the startup goes off the rails.
> Not supper excited about having to use the test clips on 16 bits of
> address,
> 8 bits of data and misc other signals.
>

> Realizing there is that nice juicy edge connector right next to the CPU I
> was thinking about having an adapter board made that would have and edge
> card and then a set of pod connectors that I could just plug the pod
> cables
> into directly.

This connector was for the Atari CAT BOX, (and I assume a similar test
tool was available for Midway games like Galaxian and Pacman - not that
I ever saw one) I've thought it would be nice to have a plug for the
Fluke to use that.

Of course the 6502 has to be removed as it doesn't have an easy way to
float the Address or Data lines.

John :-#)#

--
                  John's Jukes Ltd.
7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3