[Techtoolslist] KryoFlux floppy handling...writing.

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Mon Jun 19 20:37:10 EDT 2023

I've set up my KryoFlux disc reader and it is creating good copies of my
Fluke 9100 floppies, but I can't figure out how to write to them using
KryoFlux.

I have it setup in the GUI on my Mac with these settings and it works
just fine, making good image files like uut_test.img.

The problem is I can't seem to write the files to floppies using the
same interface. I tried:

dtc -fuut_test.img -v300 -z1 -i4 -w

but I get:

Image name:
Can't open image file:

I've been poking around the https://forum.kryoflux.com/ but as they
haven't gotten around to letting me log in it is really, really slow to
search - have to wait around 80 seconds between searches.

So I thought maybe someone here has the answer...

I will post the answer here once I either figure it out or someone tells
me what it is.

The floppy drive I am using is from the 90s and works just fine.

Thanks!