[Techtoolslist] 9010A Z80 pod and the !IORQ line

davids at oz.net davids at oz.net
Mon Feb 12 02:57:26 EST 2024

Thanks John,
I looked through the manual before sending the mail (and posting to the FB group) and missed that paragraph.  Though now that I know it was there I found it easy enough.

Can get the 9010 to read the portB from the 8255 (dip switch value), though no matter what I can't seem to set the control byte in a manner that I can actually write through the 8255.  Frustrating.

Trying for operating mode 0, config 2 (PortA output, PortB input, PortC output) should just be a write to 0x10007 = 0x82.  Then writing PortC should just be 0x10006 = 0x??.  But no matter how I write the values of PortC are just tristate.

Also I can't get Run UUT to work, I have 4 different of these Gameplan MPU-2's, one of which is known working perfectly.  But pulling the CPU and connecting my z80QT pod then hitting Run UUT, the board just freaks out, rebooting constantly, I assume the watchdog is hitting but even bypassing that the board just won't boot correctly.

Buss / Rom / Ram tests pass fine just wont Run UUT.

David