[Town Meeting] List posting guidelines

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at rlcarr.com
Mon Apr 28 09:20:18 EDT 2008

Hello.

With a new TM about to start, I wanted to quickly review the
list posting guidelines:

(1) This list is a moderated announce/distribution list. It is NOT
for discussion/debate. I find the best way to think of it
is as a way to electronically distribute the sorts of things
that are put on everyone's chairs, as well as a way to get
late-breaking TM-related news to TM participants.

(2) Unlike many other lists, attachments ARE allowed (since a
main point of the list is document distribution).

(3) If the document is hosted on a website, it is preferred that
you post a URL to the document rather then sending the document
itself to the list.

(4) There are no requirements re: document format, but it is
strongly suggested that documents sent to the list be
sent in PDF format (though spreadsheets should additionally
sent in their native format), so that your fellow members without
MSWord, etc. will be able to read them. But that's only
a suggestion -- you're free to send in whatever format
you like.

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at rlcarr.com