[Town Meeting] Fred Sennott

Joe Tully jscltully at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 14:06:17 EST 2010

Folks, I had the unfortunate opportunity to be on the Keefe Funeral Home
website, and I noticed that it appears long time TMM  Fred Sennot passed away
today.     Here's to Fred...

http://keefefh.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/242/runtime.php?SiteId=242&NavigatorId=37725&ItemId=600768&op=moreinfo&viewOpt=dpaneOnly

________________________________
From: "Joseph A. Curro, Jr." <jcurro at alumni.tufts.edu>
To: townmeeting at arlingtonlist.org
Cc: Joe Curran <jcurran81 at verizon.net>; Judson Pierce <jpierce at alanspierce.com>;
Kathleen Bodie <kbodie at arlington.k12.ma.us>; Leba Heigham
<leba at lebaheigham.com>; Kirsi Allison-Ampe <jk.ampe at verizon.net>; Karen
Fitzgerald <kfitzgerald at arlington.k12.ma.us>; Jeff Thielman
<jeff.thielman at gmail.com>; Cindy Starks <acmi at comcast.net>
Sent: Thu, November 11, 2010 9:17:08 AM
Subject: [Town Meeting] Arlington Public School Report to Special Town Meeting

Dear Colleagues,

If you have not already done so, you will be receiving in the mail a copy of the
Arlington Public Schools report to the November 15, 2010 Special Town Meeting.
This report is also online at:
http://www.arlington.k12.ma.us/administration/budget/fy10/shortfall/specialtownmeeting_11-15-10.pdf

You will also find in the materials that are being sent to you a copy of the
financial operations review of the Masachusetts Association of School Business
Officials, which was ordered by the School Committee following the discovery of
the School Department's FY 2010 deficit.  You can find an electronic copy of
this report at:
http://www.arlington.k12.ma.us/administration/budget/fy10/shortfall/masbofinancialopreportoctober2010.pdf

The School Committee's Budget Subcommittee is meeting this week with an aim of
further developing recommendations around implementation of the advice from both
the MASBO report and the recent report of the Town's auditors, Powers &
Sullivan.  We plan to update you on the state of this work at Town Meeting.

Lastly, I would like to inform you that the School Committee will be offering a
substitute motion on Article 3, concerning the rebuild and renovation of the
Thompson Elementary School.  It is our judgment that we have fulfilled the
expectations of the Massachusetts School Building Authority in making a good
faith effort to publicly vet three options around the project.  We also believe
at this point that a strong reiteration of Town Meeting's support for the
project will better position us for favorable support from the State than a
contentious debate concerning a single controversial and obstacle-laden option
for the project.

For the above reasons, the School Committee voted on Tuesday evening to support
the attached language.  We are currently consulting with Town Counsel and the
Town Moderator regarding slight modifications to this substitute motion,
recasting it as a non-binding resolution which will fall within the scope of
Article 3.  We will have this available for you on Monday.

Respectfully,

Joe Curro
Chair, Arlington School Committee
Town Meeting Member, Precinct 15