[Voxnovus] Great Things are Happening!

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Wed Nov 5 08:13:14 EST 2008

Great Things are Happening!

There is just too much to say.... 60x60 is full tilt.
I will be in Canada this week, but other great things are happening in North
America.

I usually don't plug; however, I fyou can get out to one or both of these
two following events you will not be sorry.
A Vox Novus composer George Brunner has some of his work being performed at
the International Electroacoustic Music Festival.

And if you know Contemporary flute... You know Robert Dick.
He is having a retrospect of his 50 years making it happen at Carnegie hall.

I am completely upset to have to miss these two events. But you all know...
The show must go on. I am happy to have been just inspired by these two
great contemporaries.

Onwards and Upwards!

==========================
http://www.EM-NY.org

International Electroacoustic Music Festival
Welcome to Electronic Music New York (EM-NY)

Since 1986, EM-NY has been producing concerts with composers and artists
from every corner of the world.

The music you hear at EM-NY features cutting edge technology and virtuosic
performances. EM-NY is a leader in dramatic presentation of electroacoustic
compositions. We feature live performance, playback, films and unique
acoustic music that stretches our imaginations.

Thursday, November 6, 2008, EM-NY presents Institut International de Musique
Electronique de Bourges (IMEB) at the Great Hall at Ellis Island. This
event will be Thursday afternoon at 3:30 PM with the Statue of Liberty and
New York Harbor as a dramatic backdrop. Contact Us for free tickets for the
ferry to Ellis Island.

Another exciting event is the Subotnick Soiree featuring 3 concerts with
Morton Subotnick and a catered lunch and reception. Come and hang out at
Brooklyn College on Whitman Stage, Tuesday November 11, 2008 all day.
Music, a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and food all free of charge.

Don't miss the spectacular American Composers' Concert, Thursday, November
13 with composers from across the US. And not to be missed, the Emerging
Composers' Concert on November 12 for some cool new music from our emerging
composers.

EM-NY is an important presence in NYC as an organization that produces a
variety of concerts of new music being created around the world.

==========================

http://www.carnegiehall.org/textSite/box_office/events/evt_11441.html

Celebrating 50 Years of Musicianship!
Robert Dick, Master of the Modern Flute

Robert Dick, flute
Ursel Schlicht, piano
Eugenia Zukerman, guest host

An evening of his compositions, performance and
conversation with Eugenia Zukerman.
How the instrument and its music have
changed in the hands of one truly innovative artist.

Robert Dick, flute

November 6, 2008 at 8:00 pm
Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall

On November 4, 1958, Robert Dick first blew a note on the flute. On November
6, 2008, Pro Musicis presents "Robert Dick: 50 Years of Flute! A Celebration
of How the Instrument Has Changed in the Hands of One Innovative Artist"
with guest speaker Eugenia Zukerman. Robert Dick is known worldwide as the
flute's visionary, the leading voice in the instrument's new music. Soloist,
composer, teacher, author and inventor, Dick has performed his music
worldwide.
The All Robert Dick program includes high points of his solo flute
compositions including the World Premiere of Air is the Heaviest Metal, for
flute alone, and his flute and piano duo Life Concert with pianist Ursel
Schlicht.

Eugenia Zukerman will introduce the concert and speak about the
extraordinary ways that Robert Dick has transformed the flute. And she'll
join him in a conversation about his 50 years of playing -- his vision,
career and dreams.

Tickets $20, CarnegieCharge 212-247-7800; online here.

Information, Pro Musicis 212-787-0993