[Voxnovus] A Little Thanks to EMM Electronic Music Midwest

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Wed Oct 22 10:05:15 EDT 2008

I wanted to give a big harlem shout out to EMM! And thank Mike, Jason, Jay,
David, and Ian for the outstanding work they do with the festival. EMM has
been a strong supporter of 60x60 and electronic music in general. Last
weekend the festival presented all four of the Midwest Minute Mixes and this
year's International Mix thrown in for good measure.

I am happy to say we have been invited back for 2009. The 2009 Midwest Mix
will be presented as a Dance collaboration with Jeramy Zimmerman. Jeramy
Zimmerman of CatScratch theater is a choreographer currently collaborating
with Vox Novus and 60x60. Currently based in Brooklyn, she is originally
from Kansas. 60x60 Dance (2009 / Midwest Mix) will be a performance not to
be missed.

I strongly encourage ALL Midwest composers to submit works to be a part of
this event.
The next call for 2009 can be found here:
http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/Call.htm

Meanwhile here is a blog talking about 60x60 Midwest Madness. Take a look
and listen at the other blogs about EMM!

EMM 2008 - Rob Voisey on 60x60
Rob Voisey operates the music promotion company Vox Novus, and he oversees
one of electronic music's most popular annual competitions: 60x60. At EMM
2008, Rob presented a continuously running 60 x 60 made up with submissions
from composers in the midwest.
ThisIsNotALabel Computer Music Blog -
http://www.thisisnotalabel.com/index.php