[Voxnovus] Looking for something to do on a New York City Fall afternoon? Cadillac Moon Ensemble at Composer's Voice concert today

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Sun Oct 26 08:42:27 EDT 2008

Looking for something to do on a New York City Fall afternoon?

Cadillac Moon Ensemble is playing on Vox Novus Composer's Voice Concert
Series at the Jan Hus Church on Sunday, October 26 at 1:00. It's a fantastic
space, and it's easy to get there.

The Jan Hus Church is located at 351 East 74th Street, between First and
Second Avenues, nearer First on the north side of the street. If you get
lost, look for steep steps going up!

Our program will include premieres of pieces by Luca Vanneschi, Jay C.
Batzner, and Dominic Donato, as well as compositions by Jeff Harrington,
John Cage, and Sean Varah. Admission is FREE.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 1:00pm
Jan Hus Church
351 East 74th St. (between First and Second Ave)
New York, NY

The Cadillac Moon Ensemble is dedicated to the exploration of new sonorous
and evocative aural possibilities, commissioning new works from and
developing integral relationships with emerging and established composers,
and challenging ourselves, our composers, and our audiences alike, all while
having a bit of fun. Their commitment to these objectives and our unique
instrumentation of flute, violin, cello, and percussion yields a stimulating
and untapped reservoir from which new musical voices will be discovered and
nurtured. Cadillac Moon Ensemble consists of Roberta Michel-flutes, Jeffrey
Phillips-violin/viola, Evelyn Farny-cello, and Danielle Weinberg-percussion.

Our "Composer's Voice" series is an opportunity for contemporary composers
to express their musical aesthetic and personal "voice" created in their
compositions.

Vox Novus is collaborating with the Remarkable Theater Brigade and Jan Hus
Church to produce a monthly concert series promoting the chamber works of
contemporary composers.

Remarkable Theater Brigade, founded by Christian McLeer, Dan Jeselsohn and
Monica Harte, creates and produces new operas and musicals and takes
children's versions out to special-needs and at-risk children free of
charge.