[Voxnovus] A little about me - Robert Voisey

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Mon Aug 10 23:15:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

I don't often put announcements about my own work on the Vox Novus list but
I wanted to highlight a blog Richard Zarou is doing interviewing composers.
He is currently blogging my interview at:
http://noextranotes.wordpress.com/

On another note I am also having my work Dos Palabras performed on the
August Composer's Voice Concert on Sunday August the 30th at 1:00 PM at Jan
Hus Church. If you are in town drop by and say hello.

I am also having a performance of a short opera of mine at Carnegie Hall on
October 2nd.

And as always you can find some of the projects and music I am working on
at:
http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/Robert_Voisey.htm

Also, I want to give a heads up on a couple of calls for Vox Novus and the
Living Music Foundation.

Call for articles for the Living Music Journal

Living Music Journal guidelines
deadline: August 31, 2009
length: 500-600 words (though longer articles will be considered)

Articles may be on any subject relating to music. There are no limitations
to particular aesthetics, styles, or methods. The only restriction is that
we will not be publishing reviews of any kind. We will publish profiles of
projects and composers provided that they focus on an aesthetic or technical
issue, rather than simply being a puff piece.

Send your articles as text or attachment to: robertvoisey at voxnovus.com

Call for Choreographers:
We are currently looking for choreographers in Kansas City, St Louis, Ohio,
Montreal, and New York City for 60x60 Dance. If you know any dancers or
choreographers who might be interested please send them my way.

The next 60x60 electroacoustic call for 2010 is coming soon stay tuned.

We are also going to be starting a new 60x60 adventure with a new 60 second
call. For a glimpse check it out here:
http://www.voxnovus.com/orchestra60x60/

And don't forget Vox Novus is always looking to continue populating the
American Composer Timeline:
http://www.voxnovus.com/resources/American_Composer_Timeline.htm

Hope your summer is going well.

Talk to you soon,