[Voxnovus] XL concert - and a call for works - all because I have a birthday coming up

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Thu Oct 29 23:27:46 EDT 2009

O.k... so I am turning 40 December 8th. I guess this is what it feels like
to be in a mid-life crisis. I live in New York City, so I am not going to
buy a sports car. So what then? I guess I will do what I know best. and
that is throw a concert.

Tuesday December 8th 2009 8:00 PM I am having a concert for my birthday at
Christ St Steven's Church in New York City.

So here is the deal... Anyone who is interested in playing one of my pieces
or a piece dedicated to me let me know and I will fit you onto the program.

And for all you composer's out there. I am calling for one minute solo piano
pieces written for especially this concert. I have a great piano player
willing to play a bunch of them (hopefully 15) but they should be idiomatic
and somewhat easy to play because of the short time in which to learn them.

No electronics. sorry.it is too complicated a setup this time round. plus
aren't you sick of my electronic stuff anyway?

Oh yeah. and if you are in town. why not come on by and wish me a happy
birthday?

P.S. I am calling the concert XL . get it?

See you there,

Rob

Robert Voisey

RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com