[Voxnovus] Call for Scores - Composer's Voice concert series

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Mon Sep 28 08:42:32 EDT 2009

We had a great show at Composer's Voice this past weekend with fabulous
performances from
Carl Cranmer, Kiersten Cunningham, Shiau-uen Ding, J. C. Dobrzelewski,
tBeth Griffith, Amanda Hick, Angela Karschney, Laura Patterson, Nolan
Robertson, and Jonathan Rose.
The Composer's Voice series is already booked out until April of 2010, so if
you are in the neighborhood during the last Sunday of the month, come check
us out!
Meanwhile, for April of 2010 Rebecca Ashe a flutist from Kansas City will
be putting together a concert of new works.
If you are interested the call is below:

Call for Scores
For Performance at Composer's Voice Concert
Sunday April 25, 2010 at 1pm
At Jan Hus Church
351 East 74th Street
New York, NY

Work Specifications:
Solo Flute
Solo Piccolo
Flute and Electronics
Piccolo and Electronics
Pieces must not exceed 5 minutes

Programming:
Selected pieces will be performed by Rebecca Ashe on the April 25th
Composer's Voice Program.

Eligibility:
Any Living Composer, any age, any nationality

Deadline:
Scores must be received no later than January 15th, 2010. Composers whose
works are selected will be notified by the 15th of February.

Formatting:

PDF or Sibelius 4
Please, include all tape parts in an MP3 format
Notes should be large enough to read
Please, send performance instructions
Please, send scores to my email address:
asherebecca at hotmail.com

About me:

I am open to exploring most everything compositionally and performance-wise,
though it must make sense to the work as a whole. Musically, I am very
open. My tastes range from Electronica (Bjork et al), folk (American and
Eastern European Gypsy are favorites), Classical (I am a huge fan of
Perotin, Josquin, Boulez, Elliot Carter, and Arvo Part), and jazz - swing
and blues are my favorites.

Flutist, Rebecca Ashe, earned her Bachelor degree in Applied Music (flute)
at the Eastman School of Music. She earned both her Master of Musical Arts
and Doctor of Musical Arts degrees from the University of Missouri -Kansas
City.
An advocate of new music, she recently collaborated with three composers to
premiere three new pieces. A recording project for the pieces is underway,
with a release expected in 2009 under Centaur.