[Voxnovus] Attention! TWO 60x60 calls - an urgent short announcement

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Thu Feb 4 10:22:53 EST 2010

Attention! TWO 60x60 calls - an urgent short announcement

FIRST CALL - is a last chance for 60x60 (2010)

It has come to my attention that there has been some confusion about the
60x60 submission process. I have decided to give ONE LAST CHANCE to submit
to 60x60 for 2010.

If you have a piece you want to submit, write an email to
support at voxnovus.com just tell me you want to submit a work to 60x60 with
your first and last name as well as the country you reside in. I will send
you details how to submit.

This is NOT a wide call. Do not post this announcement. If you (or you
know a friend/colleague) want to submit and didn't. the time is now! This
is only an opening for missed chances. (by the way. this is ASAP I am not
giving a deadline .per se. but I don't see me doing this past Sunday.) All
aboard for 60x60!

For those who dabble in microtonal music, or reside in Canada or the United
Kingdom, this year we are intending to do special mixes so if you haven't
submitted. 60x60 has always been a great way to get pieces performed. (our
statistics are like no other project/competition/festival) But we are
specifically looking for pieces this year for a special microtonal concert
in Chicago, a dance performance in Canada, and a few performances in the
United Kingdom.(hopefully including a dance performance)

SECOND CALL - ORCHESTRA 60x60

Not to be confused with previous calls, Orchestra 60x60 is completely new
for 60x60. We are calling for completely acoustic 60 second works for
orchestra. No electronics, no amplification, only live instruments. We
have 3 orchestras on board and a bunch sitting on the fence (I will convince
them soon enough. at the moment I am concentrating on submissions;) This
IS a WIDE CALL! Spread the 60x60 orchestra call far and wide. Here are the
details for the call:
http://www.voxnovus.com/orchestra60x60/data/composers.htm

*ALL COMPOSERS SHOULD SUBMIT TO THIS IF CAPABLE.*
And I do mean all! Yes, all. Young, old, big career, little career, no
career, write for orchestra all the time, never write for orchestra,
basically if you can write a competent score for orchestra and have a 60
second idea, you should submit something.

I started this idea with the same intention as I did with 60x60 and that is
to promote composers, new music and create a venue for our music to be heard
by ALL audiences.
60x60 has been a growing phenomenon. The success of the Orchestra 60x60
project should change the landscape of new music, and the landscape of how
orchestras approach contemporary composers, you know what! It was designed
with the vision of changing the landscape for orchestras; giving them an
event to create a fresh exciting performance to improve their popularity to
the entire public. So this is it. The link is above. Read the guidelines
write a piece and be part of the future.

Talk to you soon,

Rob

Robert Voisey

support at VoxNovus.com