[Voxnovus] The International Institute of Electroacoustic Music at Bourges

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Fri Feb 12 07:07:50 EST 2010

Here is a request for support from Paul Adriaenssens for The International
Institute of Electroacoustic Music at Bourges.

Please give your support in signing their petition.

I hope I am wrong but I am expecting 2010 to be a difficult year for our
field. We all need to hang together and support each other, instead of the
alternative of us all hanging separately.

"The International Institute of Electroacoustic Music at Bourges, France,
(IMEB) was established in 1970 and run since then by composers Francoise
Barriere and Christian Clozier. The institute's activities include creation,
research, distribution, broadcast, formation, archiving, study and
preservation in the field of electronic and electroacoustic music.

Now, after nearly 40 years of building their meanwhile world renowned
institute, the directors were informed that all funding is going to be
withdrawn and the institute will have to close its doors.

A (second) round of petitioning has been put online appealing for the
continuation of IMEB. Details are to be found on www.supportforimeb.org.

Thanks very much for signing the petition."

The text of the petition itself is on
www.supportforimeb.org/pe/index.php?petition=4 .
And to sign it:
www.supportforimeb.org/pe/index.php?petition=4&signe=oui .