[Voxnovus] Fifteen Minutes of Fame with Shiau-Uen Ding

Vox Novus List voisey-i at voxnovus.com
Fri Jan 28 09:05:41 EST 2011

A little over a year ago there was a little call for one minute piano works
to celebrate my birthday. I was very happy to receive so many pieces and to
have a wonderful pianist (Shiau-uen Ding) perform them. The idea went over
so well that many people had asked me to do it again. Shiau-uen had agreed
to do it again and now will officially kick off a new project Vox Novus
hopes to grow, "Fifteen Minutes of Fame"

Fifteen Minutes of Fame written for Shiau-uen Ding
"Liszt Bicentennial Bash", the one-minute piano works are to be inspired by
every possible aspect of Franz Liszt, including, but not limited to, his
personality, his music, and his philosophy. The one-minute piano works were
written specifically for pianist Shiau-uen Ding. The performance of the
works will be on March 27th, 2011 at 1:00 PM on the Composer's Voice concert
at Jan Hus Church in New York City.

The composers and works selected are:

Ian Assersohn - Consolation II
Roger Blanc - Sixty Second Man
Scott Brickman - Bagatelle sans tonalite
Carson P. Cooman - Nous voyons (after Arcadelt-Liszt)
Emma Lou Diemer - A Little Imagination
Moritz Eggert - Haemmerklavier XI: what if 1 composer from 1 country wrote
60 pieces under a second for solo piano?
Eberhard Eyser - Valsettinella Franz Liszt honoris causa
Arthur Gottschalk - Liszt Connections
Tsen-Fang Lin - Reminiscence of Liszt
Eugene Marlow - La Nageuse Incessante (The Relentless Swimmer)
David Morneau - You're Despicable
Alon Nechushtan - Notes from the Chapelle of L
Edward Ruchalski - ...from Consolations...
Bob Siebert - Liebestraum, Baby
Alexandre F. Travassos - Last Variation on a Waltz by Diabelli

There are currently 3 more calls for works for Fifteen Minutes of Fame and
ca be found here:
http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls.htm

Thanks!

Robert Voisey