[Voxnovus] NM421 > February 16, 2013

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Tue Feb 19 07:02:45 EST 2013

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the online version
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-02-16.htm>
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century -
new music for the 21st century -

< <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-02-09.htm> February 16, 2013
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-02-23.htm> >

Menu

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER - New Music for the 21st Century

> POSTCARD: Bye-bye, Brad

> To Do or Not To Do - Writing Your Bio

CALENDAR OF UPCOMMING VOX NOVUS EVENTS
ANNOUNCEMENTS

> PERFORMANCE: Composer's Voice - February 24, 2013 - NYC

OPPORTUNITIES

> Fifteen Minutes of Fame - call for scores

> Composer's Site - composer opportunities

NM421 ARCHIVES

Vox Novus Projects

<http://www.voxnovus.com> Vox Novus
<http://www.60x60.com> 60x60
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/> Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/> Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/resources/American_Composer_Timeline.htm> American
Composer Timeline
<http://www.composerssite.com/> Composer's Site
<http://www.composerssite.com/> NM421 - New Music for the 21st Century

NM421 Archives

2013
February
- February 23, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-02-22.htm>
- February 16, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-02-16.htm>
- February 09, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-02-09.htm>
- February 02, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-02-02.htm>
January
- January 26, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-01-26.htm>
- January 19, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-01-19.htm>
- January 12, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-01-12.htm>
- January 05, 2013 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/13-01-05.htm>
2012
December
- December 29, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-12-15.htm>
- December 22, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-12-15.htm>
- December 15, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-12-15.htm>
- December 08, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-12-08.htm>
- December 01, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-12-01.htm>
November
- November 24, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-11-24.htm>
- November 17, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-11-17.htm>
- November 10, 2012 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/12-11-10.htm>

Bye-bye, Brad

Bye-bye, Brad
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/postcard/13-02-16-Diaphone_Basso_Profun
da.jpg>

The Convention Hall Auditorium Pipe Organ in Atlantic City, New Jersey, is
the loudest musical instrument ever built. It has 33,112 pipes in 455 ranks
and manual and pedal reeds that are under 100 inches of wind pressure. But
what puts this organ in a class by itself is its 184-foot long Diaphone
Basso Profunda, a pipe so big that even the 41,000 seat auditorium can't
accommodate it. Instead, it exits through a hole in the west wall of the
mezzanine and empties at the base of the building near a "Beware Of Loud
Sounds" sign. An Atlantic City middle school science teacher once theorized
that air pressure from the business end of the pipe created a powerful
mesovortex, but he didn't know how powerful. Could it, say, launch a
relentlessly misbehaving fourth grade pupil named Brad three blocks to the
ocean? He wasn't sure, but he was determined to find out!
<http://www.davidgunn.org> - David Gunn - www.davidgunn.org

To Do or Not To Do
Writing Your Bio

"Your website bio needs to interest your fans, offer value to industry
folks, and give journalists and bloggers the info they need to write glowing
reviews about you. You want to make it as easy as possible for a reviewer to
grab the important and intriguing bits about your project. The easier you
make it, the less work they have to do. And that's a good thing." -
<http://blog.hostbaby.com/2013/01/how-to-write-a-website-bio-that-rocks/>
How to Write a Website Bio That Rocks

Chris Bolton speaks about balancing the facts and the image you wish to
portray into a successful bio. I agree. A good bio is one that takes the
facts of your career and portrays them in an interesting way which interests
the reader into listening to your music.

First gather your facts: Gather quotes press or prominent figures have made
about you; what have you written; where have been performed; list all
awards, grants, and honors; compile a list of works and a list of
performances; create a timeline of your life which includes where you were
born and raised, your education, your travels and your accomplishments (both
music and non-music related.) This should give you a good running start on
describing who and what you are. Read what you have written down carefully.
Get outsiders to review and contribute. Many times I have found that we are
blind to some of the most important aspects of ourselves.

Then you take the facts and weave them into a story that captivates your
reader to want to read more, listen to your music, seek you out on the web,
at concerts, and the market place to buy your music.

Before you start, know who your audience is. If you are writing a short
press blurb for the press, they only care about what is newsworthy. If you
are writing a bio your webpage or program notes you are targeting the
general public and they want to know the how and why you are a composer,
"the drama of your life." If you are writing a resume or a c.v. for a grant
or an academic post, they are interested in your accomplishments and
milestones.

Try to keep your bio to no longer than one page. As a general rule of thumb
I like to start out any bio with a strong single sentence no more than 15
words. This is the "tag line for the biography.

The sentence should be the beginning of a short first paragraph which either
reinforces the tag line or expounds the biography to more facts and details.
The first paragraph should be strong with only the most important relevant
information and should total no more than 50-75 words, the shorter the
better.

This first paragraph should be the beginning of a page long bio with 3-5
paragraphs. The remainder paragraphs can be of longer length but remember
that brevity is king. However, if you have captivated your reader to
continue reading beyond the first paragraph they are usually interested and
looking for more details to the subject's life.

Always put the most pertinent and most current information first. In general
when people need to cut biographies down to size they start cutting from the
bottom up. So your last line should be the least important. Don't save the
best for last.

Take a quick look at -
<http://blog.hostbaby.com/2013/01/how-to-write-a-website-bio-that-rocks/>
How to Write a Website Bio That Rocks There's a bunch of good things that
apply to composers just as much as "pop" musicians.

A couple of tips and my personal tastes with formatting:
- Always use your full name at least once in the bio.
- Write your biography in the third person as if a professional is writing
about you.
- Don't put your name in all caps, unless you are writing an encyclopedia
entry.
- Don't put your birth year or your age unless it is required to know your
age.
- Keep the material as timeless as possible. (It could be read or archived
on the web many years from when you write it.)

Tips:
Websites look awful in print. They are MUST on the web. Don't under estimate
the power of people searching for you with a search engine. Have an easily
findable website with a biography page and have people link there.

Huge lists of awards are boring. If you must have a list of awards or
accolades put it to the bottom. List only your most important and most
recent 2-3 awards towards the top of your bio.

Get a good picture for your bio. Make sure to have at least one press photo
8-10 (inches) at 300 dpi (it shouldn't be blurry or hard to see you.)

Get a quote about your work, even if it isn't from the most prestigious
source. People like to see third parties qualifying you and your work.

Your long-form (long) bio is best kept to no more than 750 words. (And it
really should be about 500 words.) Your short-form (short) bio should be
about 250 words.

Calendar

<http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar of Vox Novus Events

Upcomming Performances

Composer's voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Voice_logo_2012.jpg>

COMPOSER'S VOICE

February 24, 2013 1:00 PM

Curator Matt Frey brings his talents to Composer's Voice and Conway Kuo
premiere's his Fifteen Minutes of Fame.

Composer's Voice Presents Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Conway Kuo, viola: 15
one-minute pieces by 15 composers from around the world, writing
specifically for this project and performer to be premiered on this concert!
This international collaboration will present the music of Spyros Banos;
David Bohn; Erik Branch; Jesse Alexander Brown; Nuha Dolby; Michael
Gatonska; Bruce Goble; Brian Kelly; Scott Anthony Moore; Elvira Muratore;
Dafina Zeqiri; Emma Ruth Richards; Aurelia Scotto; Pierluigi Tanzi; and Luca
Vanneschi.

Conway Kuo, violist/violinist is currently the Associate Principal Second
Violin of the New York City Ballet Orchestra and also a Section First
Violinist with the New York City Opera Orchestra. Mr. Kuo performs regularly
with the Philadelphia Orchestra and participated in the Aspen,
Schleswig-Holstein, and Pacific Music Festivals. Mr. Kuo was the first
violinist to perform a solo violin Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame (May 15, 2011,
NYC). This will be the first ever Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame for solo viola.

GUEST CURATOR Matt Frey is a Brooklyn-based composer of contemporary concert
music, has worked with members of Ensemble L'arsenale and the East Coast
Contemporary Ensemble at the Etchings Contemporary Music Festival; he earned
a fellowship to participate in the 2012 John Duffy Composers Institute:
recent projects have included commissions and premieres with the JACK String
Quartet, the West Point Woodwind Quintet, the NYU Symphony Orchestra, and
the Manhattan Wind Ensemble. Frey is known as a new music producer,
performer, conductor, and advocate through his activities as co-founder of
the West 4th New Music Collective, a cooperative of NYC-based composers and
performers.

andPlay, the New York City based duo of Maya Bennardo, violin, and Hannah
Levinson, viola, first played to an eager crowd on Fire Island in the summer
of 2012, and can be seen performing this season at Caffe Vivaldi, 109
Gallery, and the Concerts on the Slope series. andPlay is committed to
expanding the existing violin/viola duo repertoire through performing rarely
heard works and commissioning emerging composers.

Melody Loveless is an aspiring composer and percussionist located in New
York City. She has had performances by JACK Quartet, Washington Square Winds
and NYU Percussion Ensemble.

Aya Terki has sat principal chair of the All County Orchestra, the Long
Island String Festival Association and the NYSSMA All State String
Orchestra. She is currently the principal cellist of the NYU Philharmonia.
Aya was the winner of the Children's Orchestra Society's Discovery
Competition. As the winner, she was featured as a soloist at Lincoln
Center's Alice Tully Hall, of which the New York Times hailed she "showed
promise during her poised performance".

Patrick Swoboda has held the position of principal bass in the NYU Symphony
Orchestra since 2008 and has also been a member of NYU's Contemporary and
Baroque ensembles.

Kyle Tieman-Strauss is a composer and cellist in New York City. 2012 a
setting of Twitter spam for vocal trio and large ensemble, On the Whole, was
premiered in August 2012 at Seiji Ozawa Hall (at the Tanglewood Music
Festival).

Composer's Voice Concert Series is an opportunity for contemporary composers
to express their musical aesthetic and personal "voice" created in their
compositions. Started in 2001, the "Composer's Voice" concert series is
presenting its 4th of 20 concerts scheduled in NYC for 2013, Sunday,
February, 24th 2013. Information on the Composer's Voice, and more projects
of Vox Novus, access: http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice

Composer's Voice concert
Sunday, January February 24th, 2013 1:00PM
Jan Hus Presbyterian Church
www.janhus.org
351 E 74th St, New York, NY 10021-3798
FREE ADMISSION

For more information visit:
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/13-02-24.htm>
http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/13-02-24.htm

Opportunities

Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo.jpg>

Fifteen Minutes of Fame

CALL FOR WORKS

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Occupy Cello
with Craig Hultgren

Deadline March 1, 2013

<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Craig_Hultgren_03.jpg>

Vox Novus is calling for one-minute pieces for cello solo composed for
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Craig Hultgren to be performed Sunday, May 19,
2013 for the Composer's Voice concert series at the Jan Hus Church in New
York City. Another performance will also be presented in Birmingham,
Alabama. The one-minute pieces are to be written specifically for this
project, which will be performed by Craig Hultgren. The theme for this
Fifteen Minutes of Fame is Occupy Cello - Upsetting the Musical Status Quo
For acoustic solo cello Criteria for selection: Playable forward-looking
concepts that challenge the traditional role of the instrument Resource for
contemporary cello techniques

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls/#13-03-01> Click here for
more details
Composer's Site <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Site_logo-250.jpg>

INTERNATIONAL COMPOSITION CONTEST FOR PERCUSSION ENSEMBLES

Web site:
http://vacances.percutantes.free.fr/Vacances_Percutantes/Reglement_VP.html
Expiration of Opportunity:
Thu, 2013-02-28
Entry Fee:
50.00
Currency:
Euro (EUR)

INTERNATIONAL COMPOSITION CONTEST FOR PERCUSSION ENSEMBLES
Rules
. Chapter 1 - General conditions
Article 1 - The composition contest for percussion ensembles is open to
composers of any nationality,
without any age limit. The entry fee is ?50 for each score.
Article 2 - The submitted scores will never have been played or published.
Transcriptions are not admitted.
Article 3 - Three different categories are opened: 1st Cycle, 2nd Cycle, 3rd
Cycle (Degrees corresponding to
the different studies cycles in the Conservatories). See articles 8 to 13.

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/international-composition-contest-percussi
on-ensembles>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/W3CAtj-8i3w?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

2013 Student Composition Contest - The Beethoven Club of Memphis - Luna Nova
New-Music Ensemble

Web site:
http://www.belvederefestival.org/contest.html
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

2013 Student Composition Contest
Sponsored by
The Beethoven Club of Memphis
Luna Nova New-Music Ensemble

The 2013 Beethoven Club Composition Contest is offered in conjunction with
the Belvedere Chamber Music Festival to be held June 19-22, 2013 at Grace
St. Luke's Episcopal Church and the Beethoven Club in Memphis, TN. The
festival (www.belvederefestival.org) is sponsored by Luna Nova Music
(www.lunanova.org)

ELIGIBILITY

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/2013-student-composition-contest-beethoven
-club-memphis-luna-nova-new-music-ensemble>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/ljiKy3BRcso?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Ablaze Records ELECTRONIC MASTERS Series

Web site:
http://www.ablazerecords.net/electronic_masters.html
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

Electronic Masters

Ablaze Records ELECTRONIC MASTERS Series

Have you ever wanted to have that great recording of your original
electronic or electroacoustic composition issued on a commercially released
CD?

Now is your chance with the ABLAZE Records call for Master tapes.

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/ablaze-records-electronic-masters-series>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/bf7NrzPb0Mk?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

ABLAZE Records' Call for Mastertapes.

Web site:
http://www.ablazerecords.net/sub_record_2.html
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

Have you ever wanted to have that great recording of your original
composition issued on a commercially released CD? Now is your chance with
ABLAZE Records' Call for Mastertapes.

Send a CD of your mastertape (digital recordings only please) to us for your
chance to win a place on our Millennial Masters Volume 4, CD. If our expert
panel of composers and audio engineers chooses your work, you will win a
spot on our FOURTH Millennial Masters CD. This will entitle you to a
partially subsidized commercial release of your work worldwide in 2013!

The works can be for any medium.

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/ablaze-records-call-mastertapes>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/HOuqT6leTMs?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Cabrillo Festival - Call for Scores

Web site:
http://www.cabrillomusic.org
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

Cabrillo Festival Composers Workshop
Receipt deadline: March 1, 2013

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/cabrillo-festival-call-scores>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/PPaM2E770bc?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Delaware Valley Chorale Competition for Young Choral Composers

Web site:
http://www.delawarevalleychorale.org/youngMusiciansAward.htm
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
10.00
Currency:
U.S. Dollar (USD)

DELAWARE VALLEY CHORALE
2012 COMPETITION FOR YOUNG CHORAL COMPOSERS
The Delaware Valley Chorale (DVC) is an adult community chorus of
approximately 50 voices
based in Wilmington, Delaware. As part of its mission, DVC has established a
competition to
encourage and recognize young choral composers
Competition Prize
. The prize will be a cash award of $500. DVC reserves the right not to
award a prize.
. The winning composition will be performed by DVC during the 2012-2013
season.
The winner will be invited to hear his/her composition performed and will be
given an

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/delaware-valley-chorale-competition-young-
choral-composers-0>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/8lP7M4otSkA?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Fifteen Minutes of Fame: Occupy Cello with Craig Hultgren

Web site:
http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls/
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

Fifteen Minutes of Fame: Occupy Cello with Craig Hultgren
Deadline March 1, 2013

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/fifteen-minutes-fame-occupy-cello-craig-hu
ltgren>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/GRMezTqmGHc?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP IN THEORY-COMPOSITION

Web site:
http://www.music.sfasu.edu/gradadmissions
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP IN THEORY-COMPOSITION

Responsibilities
The graduate assistant in theory-composition serves as a leader in the
composition program, organizes events, teaches classes and lessons as
appropriate, maintains software and hardware in the composition lab, and
serves as research assistant to the head of composition. This position also
includes classroom teaching in theory and/or aural skills and clerical and
grading support for the general theory faculty. Work load is the equivalent
of 20 hours work per week and the 9-month stipend is approximately

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/graduate-assistantship-theory-composition>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/TOeE5JaBICE?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

ICElab program

Web site:
http://iceorg.org/icelab/page/apply
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

The ICElab program is currently open for the 2014 cycle until March 1, 2013.
ICE will choose five composer-collaborators for the 2014 cycle.

ICElab is a collaborative program designed to nurture the careers of
emerging composers and multimedia artists while generating a body of
innovative works for the International Contemporary Ensemble (ICE). Selected
composer-collaborators will receive a commission to create a substantial new
piece for ICE that will be presented in ICE's 2014 season in New York,
Chicago and select other cities.

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/icelab-program>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/EMRTGaUNr0k?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

International Competition 'Young Virtuosos' 2013

Web site:
http://www.nmu-bg.org/en/international-competition-young-virtuosos/rules-rep
erto...
<http://www.nmu-bg.org/en/international-competition-young-virtuosos/rules-re
pertoire/>
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

International Competition 'Young Virtuosos' 2013

11.03. - 17.03.2013

I. General Conditions

1. The competition is addressed to young performers from all nationalities,
specialties and age groups as specified in part 2 of the General Conditions.
The age limit for every group means that the participants should not be over
the respective age by 31 December 2013.
2. The competition is held in the following age groups and specialities:

International Competition 'Young Virtuosos' 2013

VIOLIN
11.03. - 17.03.2013

Group ? - up to 11 years of age

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/international-competition-%E2%80%98young-v
irtuosos%E2%80%99-2013>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/r72RKXem-UM?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

International Composers Comptition-Artistes en Herbe-2013 Luxembourg

Web site:
http://www.artistesenherbe.lu/index.php/international-composers-competition-
arti...
<http://www.artistesenherbe.lu/index.php/international-composers-competition
-artistes-en-herbe-2013-luxembourg>
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
30.00
Currency:
Euro (EUR)

Rules and Conditions

Article 1
Deadline for submissions is 1 March 2013 (determined by postmark).

Article 2
Submissions may be sent for the following categories:
. piano
. violin or cello
. flute or clarinet
. voice or choir

The candidates can choose between the following arrangements:
. solo
. chamber music (duo, trio, quartet)
. with orchestra ( instruments by choice)

Article 3
The competition is open for children and adults of all nationalities. They
can participate in the following sections:

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/international-composers-comptition-artiste
s-en-herbe-2013-luxembourg>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/cc2Wf4tOV0o?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Japan U.S. Friendship Commission

Web site:
http://www.jusfc.gov/creative-artists-programs/
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

The Japan U.S. Friendship Commission offers leading contemporary and
traditional artists from the United States the opportunity to spend three
months in Japan through the U.S./Japan Creative Artists Program. Cultural
understanding is at the heart of this program. Artists go as seekers, as
cultural visionaries, and as living liaisons to the traditional and
contemporary cultural life of Japan. They also go as connectors who share
knowledge and bring back knowledge.

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/japan-us-friendship-commission>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/B0QqNm6dZNI?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Juventas New Music Ensemble seeks chamber works by young composers

Web site:
http://www.juventasmusic.com
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
15.00
Currency:
U.S. Dollar (USD)

http://www.juventasmusic.com
SEMIANNUAL CALL FOR SCORES
Deadline: March 1, 2013
Our Mission: To promote and perform new music by young, living composers.
Call for Scores
Juventas New Music Ensemble seeks chamber works by young composers for
programming consideration in its 2013-2014 concert season.
Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2013 to be considered for
performance in
Juventas 2013-2014 Season. If received after this date, we will consider the
score for future
seasons.
Eligibility:
? Composers must be age 35 or under on January 1 of the present year.

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/juventas-new-music-ensemble-seeks-chamber-
works-young-composers>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/qW8KRyD6coo?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Left Coast Chamber Ensemble 2013 Composition Contest

Web site:
http://www.leftcoastensemble.org
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
16.00
Currency:
U.S. Dollar (USD)

2013 COMPOSITION CONTEST
Award
US $1500 cash
Performance by Left Coast Chamber Ensemble during the 2013-2014 concert
season
Recording of the live performance
Guidelines

Composers of all ages and nationalities may apply.

Select any combination of the following instrumentation for 1-7 players.
1 Male Voice (Tenor)
1 Flute (doubling Alto Flute and/or Piccolo)
2 Oboes (one doubling English Horn)
1 Clarinet (doubling B flat, A, E flat, and/or Bass Cl.)
1 Piano (or Harpsichord)
2 Violins
2 Violas
2 Cellos
1 Double Bass
1 Guitar

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/left-coast-chamber-ensemble-2013-compositi
on-contest>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/0gtWNy2IWPE?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

PIERROT LUNAIRE INTERNATIONAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION 2013

Web site:
http://www.pierrotlunaire.at/pierrot%20lunaire%20ensemble%20english.htm
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
60.00
Currency:
Euro (EUR)

PIERROT LUNAIRE INTERNATIONAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION 2013
1.GUIDELINES
PIERROT LUNAIRE INTERNATIONAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION 2013

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/pierrot-lunaire-international-composition-
competition-2013-0>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/7JX6iz2nppY?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Prix Ars Electronica

Web site:
http://www.aec.at/prix/en/einreichdetails/
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

Prix Ars Electronica Entry Details

GENERAL

To participate in the Prix Ars Electronica, you must register online and
submit all mandatory information online.
A work may be entered in only one category. An artist may submit more than
one work.
In addition to the general entry details and rules, special entry rules
apply to each individual category (see category descriptions).
Entrants are requested not to submit irreplaceable originals since submitted
materials cannot be returned.
Works submitted without the required accompanying material will not be
accepted.

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/prix-ars-electronica>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/NOZoq92xRGc?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Redshift Music - Call for 'Postal Pieces'

Web site:
http://www.facebook.com/redshiftmusicsociety
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01

CALL FOR SCORES

Redshift Music is seeking 'Postal Pieces' for a 2013 chamber music concert.

PROJECT: Redshift Music will present a unique concert event in 2013 inspired
by the 'Postal Pieces' of James Tenney and others. The idea is simple: the
entire score, musical concept or set of instructions for the piece has to
fit on a postcard.

The performers for this concert will be the Redshift's ensemble-in-residence
Negative Zed.

ABOUT REDSHIFT:

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/redshift-music-call-postal-pieces>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/KelF3AYdTpw?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Residency Opportunity

Web site:
http://www.khncenterforthearts.org
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
35.00
Currency:
U.S. Dollar (USD)

Our next deadline for applications is March 1, 2013. The Kimmel Harding
Nelson Center for the Arts in Nebraska City, NE offers 2- to 8-week
residencies year-round for writers, visual artists, and music composers.
Housing, studio space, $100/week stipend are provided.
Approximately 60 residencies are awarded per year. Two deadlines each year,
March 1 for the following July through December; or September 1 for the
following January through June.
$35 application fee.
See website for complete information, guidelines and the online application
portal:

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/residency-opportunity>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/mR_dPZEvSLs?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Risuonanze 2013 Call for Scores

Web site:
http://www.risuonanze.it/calls/call2013.html
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
15.00
Currency:
Euro (EUR)

Associazione Culturale TKE is calling for pieces to be performed at
the "Risuonanze 2013" Festival (early June, 2013, Friuli Venezia
Giulia - Italy).
The Call is open to composers of any nationality and age.

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/risuonanze-2013-call-scores>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/tP9-h20zTiQ?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now
<http://composerssite.com/sites/default/files/call2013ENG.pdf>

TwtrSymphony Call for Scores

Web site:
http://twtrsymphony.instantencore.com/web/page.aspx?title=Call+for+Scores
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
0.00

TwtrSymphony Call for Scores

That's Right - We're looking for new orchestra music

Deadline: March 1st - but may end early if we receive enough scores ahead of
time.

TwtrSymphony is an orchestra dedicated to creating new orchestra music and
getting it out to a world wide audience. We are looking to record our 1st CD
in 2013. If you would like your music included on the CD, submit your score.

Published date:

read more <http://composerssite.com/content/twtrsymphony-call-scores>

<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/cpccExpiringOpportunities/~4/S_mCZ3URgwA?utm
_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

"Key to the Future" - Opera Composition Competition.

Web site:
http://www.operafesztival.hu/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.operafesztival.hu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1
230%3Aqa-joev-kulcsaq-operairo-verseny&catid=40%3Ahirek-informaciok&Itemid=7
9&lang=en> &view=article&id=1230%3...
Expiration of Opportunity:
Fri, 2013-03-01
Entry Fee:
150.00
Currency:
Euro (EUR)

1
OPERA COMPOSITION COMPETITION: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
I. Advertiser of the Competition:
MKSZ Miskolci Kulturalis Szovetseg Nonprofit Kft.
Seat: 3525 Miskolc, Deryne u. 1.
Registration No: Cg. 05-09-016624
Representative: Zoltan Nemedi Varga, managing director
Hereinafter: the Advertiser
II. Title of the Competition:
Advertiser calls for applicants to submit their works for the following
Competition:
"Key to the Future" - Opera Composition Competition.
III. Eligibility of Applicants:
Any natural persons can apply who are contemporary composers, irrespective
of

Published date:

read more
<http://composerssite.com/content/%E2%80%9Ckey-future%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-ope