[Voxnovus] NM421> February 21, 2014 - EMM in Montana - 4th Annual Trajetoria Brasileira - Two Sets of Fifteen Minutes of Fame in Alicante, Spain - RESULTS: Fifteen Minutes of Fame: Japan Perspective

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Wed Feb 19 00:45:22 EST 2014

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the online version
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/14-02-21.htm>
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century

< <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/14-02-14.htm> February 21, 2014
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/14-02-28.htm> >

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER - New Music for the 21st Century

> POSTCARD: Black Tie and Tails

Vox Novus Calendar

> PERFORMANCE: Electronic Music Midwest in Bozeman, Montana

> PERFORMANCE: 4th Annual Trajetoria Brasileira

> PERFORMANCE: Two Sets of Fifteen Minutes of Fame in Alicante, Spain

ANNOUNCEMENTS

> RESULTS: Fifteen Minutes of Fame: Japan Perspective

OPPORTUNITIES

> Fifteen Minutes of Fame - call for scores for bassoon solo

> Circuit Bridges - Call for Electroacoustic Works

> MaD Circle - Call for Works - Tangos and Waltzes

> Composer's Site - new opportunities

> Composer's Site - expiring opportunities

NM421 ARCHIVES

Black Tie and Tails

Trumpetor jumbolorum
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/postcard/14-02-21-Black_Tie_and_Tails.j
pg>

<http://voxnovus.net/2013_untwelve_mix/export.wav> downloade here Eugene
Dinklaker, principal euphonist with the Pringler City Philharmonic, was
uber-casual about his concert attire, and that never ceased to irritate
Maurice the conductor. So when the programming committee selected "Etude
Brute for Euphonium and Strings" for the orchestra's spring concert series,
Maurice stipulated in the contract that the soloist's concert dress be
traditional "black tie and tails." Too bad he neglected to say anything
about trousers.

<http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn

<http://www.davidgunn.org> David Gunn
www.DavidGunn.org

Upcoming Performances

Electronic Music Midwest
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-02-14-EMM-poster.jpg>

Electronic Music Midwest in Bozeman, Montana <http://www.emmfestival.org/>

Saturday, February 22, 2014
concerts at:
- 10:30 AM
- 1:30 PM
- 4:30 PM
- 7:30 PM

Saturday, February 22, 2014 (BOZEMAN, MONTANA) The Electronic Music Midwest
Festival is presenting 4 concerts for it "Mini" Festival in Reynolds Hall at
Montana State University.

The Montana State University School of Music and Electronic Music Midwest
present the 2014 Electronic Music Midwest & Mountains Invitational
mini-Festival on February 22nd in Reynolds Recital Hall on the MSU Campus.

The festival will feature four concerts of electronic music, multimedia and
sonic art by composer from around the country (10:30 am, 1:30 pm, 4:30 pm, &
7:30 pm).

Linda Antas <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Linda_Antas.jpg>

Linda Antas - A Fulbright Fellowship recipient, Antas has also been
recognized by the International Music Contest Citta' di Udine (TauKay
Edizioni Musicali), and has received commissions from the International
Computer Music Association, the Rind Fund, and internationally-renowned
performers including Eric Mandat. She has performed as a flutist at the
National Flute Association Convention, the Phonos Foundation's (Barcelona)
"Instrumental-Electroacoustica VI Festival", the Seattle Chamber Players'
"Icebreaker Festival", and performed Elliot Carter's Esprit Rude / Esprit
Doux with clarinetist Eric Mandat in celebration of the composer's 100th
birth year.

Scott Blasco <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Scott_Blasco.jpg>

Scott Blasco teaches composition, music theory, and electronic music at
Washington State University, and is a board member of the Kansas City
Electronic Music and Arts Alliance (KcEMA) and a founding member of the
Kansas City-area electroacoustic new music ensemble The Digital Honkbox
Revival. He holds degrees in music from Western Michigan University and
Calvin College, in theology from Fuller Theological Seminary, where he
studied theology and the arts, and recently completed a doctorate in music
composition at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Conservatory of Music
and Dance.

Jason Bolte <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Jason_Bolte.jpg>

Jason Bolte is an Assistant Professor of Music and Director of the MONSTER
Studios at Montana State University where he teaches courses in composition
and music technology. Jason is a member of the organizational board of the
Electronic Music Midwest Festival, and a founding board member of the Kansas
City Electronic Music and Arts Alliance.

The Chilean-American composer Miguel Chuaqui was born in 1964 in Berkeley,
California, and grew up in Santiago, Chile. He has received commissions from
the Fromm Foundation at Harvard University, the Koussevitzky Foundation at
the Library of Congress, the Utah Arts Council (NEA), Meet the Composer, and
from U.S. and international performers and ensembles. Honors include an
Award in Music from the American Academy of Arts and Letters, an Aaron
Copland Recording Grant, the Eisner Prize, a Nicola de Lorenzo Award, an
award from the Society for Universal Sacred Music, and induction into the
National Association of Composers of Chile.

Ian Corbett <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Ian_Corbett.jpg>

Dr. Ian Corbett is the Coordinator of the Audio Engineering Program, and
Professor of Music Technology and Audio Recording at Kansas City Kansas
Community College. He also owns and operates "off-beat-open-hats - recording
and sound reinforcement", specializing in servicing the needs of classical
and jazz ensembles in the Kansas City area. Since 2004 he has been a member
of the Audio Engineering Society's Education Committee, and has mentored,
presented, and served on panels at local, regional, national, and
international AES events.

Bruce Hamilton <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Bruce_Hamilton.jpg>

Bruce Hamilton (b. 1966) composes and performs music in a variety of genres.
He has performed as a percussionist, improviser, and electronic musician for
over 25 years. His music is published by Non Sequitur Music and can be heard
on the Albany, Amaranth, and/OAR, blank space, Capstone, Ilse, [ink | fuel],
Memex, Phill, SEAMUS, Spectropol, split-notes, Three Legs Duck and Mark
labels.

Ryan M. Hare (b. 1970), originally from Reno, Nevada, teaches composition,
music theory, and bassoon at Washington State University, where he is an
associate professor of music, and is Composer in Residence for the
Washington Idaho Symphony. Hare was recently named "Composer of the Year" by
the Washington State Music Teacher's Association, an honor which endowed a
paid commission (Dark Energy, composed for 88 Squared). Other recent honors
include a prestigious Artist Trust Fellowship, grants from New Music USA's
"MetLife Creative Connections" program, the ASCAP Plus Award, and
commissions and premieres from the Washington Idaho Symphony (Three Short
Pieces for Orchestra and Maracanazo) and Affinity Chamber Players (Chamber
Concerto).

Simon Hutchinson's compositions have been performed across the US, Europe,
and Asia, as well as at various music festivals and conferences, including
NIME (2013), the Kyma International Sound Symposium (2013), SEAMUS (2012,
2011), Miso Music Portugal (2011, 2010), the Music Today Festival (2011),
April in Santa Cruz (2007, 2006), and the Oregon Bach Festival Composers
Symposium (2009). In 2008, he was awarded the 1st Young Composers'
Competition of CMEK (Contemporary Music Ensemble Korea, 2008), and his work
has also been recognized by the Sasakawa Young Leader's Fellowship Fund
(SYLFF) OUS Fellowship, University of Oregon Graduate School Research Awards
(2010, 2008), the University of Oregon Ruth Close Musical Fellowship (2008),
ASCAPlus Composer's Awards (2007-2011), the Porter Associate Fellows
Graduate Arts Research Grant (2007), UCSC Music Department Graduate
Fellowships (2006, 2005), and the Bates College Key Music Award (2002).
Currently, Hutchinson is Visiting Assistant Professor of Composition at the
University of Montana.

Theo Lipfert, Associate Professor in the School of Film and Photography at
Montana State University, Bozeman, is a filmmaker who is exploring the
intersection between visual media and sound. He earned an MFA in Painting at
Hunter College in New York City and exhibited paintings and prints widely in
North America and Germany before devoting his creative energies to film,
video, sound, and teaching. His first film, "The Displacement Map," was
featured at the Tribeca film festival and won several awards for
experimental documentary. Subsequent films, among them documentaries,
narratives, and experimental shorts, have been shown in premiere festivals
including Ann Arbor, SXSW, Cinequest, Mill Valley, and One Reel /
Bumbershoot. In addition, some of his works have been broadcast on public
television and garnered both awards and critical acclaim. Theo Lipfert was
recently a Fulbright Scholar in the Republic of Mauritius, an island nation
in the Indian Ocean, where he taught digital media and produced a film about
giant tortoises.

Mike McFerron <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Mike_McFerron.jpg>

Mike McFerron's "Perspectives" had. . .rhythmic variety and energy. . .with
drum and percussion ostinatos driving the music jazzily." - John von Rhein,
Chicago Tribune

Mike McFerron is Professor of music and Composer-in-Residence at Lewis
University in the Chicago area. At Lewis University, McFerron teaches music
composition and directs the music technology program. He received a DMA in
composition from the Conservatory of Music--University of Missouri at Kansas
City where his primary teachers were James Mobberley, Chen Yi, and Gerald
Kemner. A native of Oklahoma, McFerron also studied composition with Ray E.
Luke. He has been on the faculty of UMKC and the Kansas City Kansas
Community College, and he has served as resident composer at the Chamber
Music Conference of the East/Composers' Forum in Bennington, Vt. McFerron is
founder and co-director of Electronic Music Midwest.

David D. McIntire <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/David_McIntire.jpg>

David D. McIntire was born in upstate New York and has had some training on
the clarinet. He has maintained his livelihood through playing, teaching,
composing, and writing about music. Also played clarinet and saxophone in a
number of eccentric and overly idealistic musical groups, most notably the
Colorblind James Experience, the Whitman/McIntire Duo, and the Hotheads. He
holds music degrees from Nazareth College of Rochester, Ithaca College and
recently received a DMA in composition at the University of Missouri-Kansas
City where he was awarded a Preparing Future Faculty Fellowship. He also
serves on the boards of Electronic Music Midwest and newEar Chamber
Ensemble.

David Morneau <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/David_Morneau.jpg>

David Morneau is a composer of an entirely undecided genre. In his work he
endeavors to explore ideas about our culture, issues concerning creativity,
and even the very nature of music itself. Morneau's work is characterized by
his eclectic interests and collaborative spirit. Described by Molly Sheridan
as a "flashing beacon" of inspiration, Morneau's eclectic output is best
exemplified by 60x365, his "ambitious yearlong musical project" for which he
composed a new one-minute composition every day. These "miniature
compositions include ambient tracks, found sound, instrumental performances,
and plenty of loop and sample-based pieces." [The Year of Musical Thinking,
A Minute At A Time, NPR's All Things Considered, 6/30/08]

>From the ancient cypress swamps of Wewahitchka, Chester (Chet) Udell

received his Ph.D. at the University of Florida in Music Composition with
Electrical Engineering emphasis and currently serves as Instructor of Music
Technology & Intermedia at the University of Oregon. He received his
Bachelor of Music/Digital Arts from Stetson University (2005) and his
Masters of Music Composition at the University of Florida. His interests
include: Acoustic Ecology, Field Recording, Composition, Electrical
Engineering (digital systems, interfaces, wireless communication), Circuit
Bending, and building Autonomous Musical Agents. His dissertation research
on novel musical interface design resulted in a registered U.S. patent
(pending) and a technology startup company. Some of his honors include:
Destellos International Composition Competition 2011 honorable mention and
Sound in Space 2011 Finalist. He is the 1st prize recipient of the
SEAMUS/ASCAP Student Commission Competition 2010 - one of the highest
student honors for electroacoustic music in the United States. His music has
been presented around the world and is available on the Summit and SEAMUS
record labels.

Robert Voisey <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Robert_Voisey_040.jpg>

Composer, producer, singer, Robert Voisey has been described as "mad" by the
New York Times and publications around the globe. The LA Times highlighted
Voisey as a composer using creativity to get his work heard. Rob Voisey
embraces a variety of media for his compositions, and pioneers new venues to
disseminate his music and reach audiences. His work has been heard in more
than 40 countries in venues including Carnegie Hall, World Financial Center
Winter Garden Atrium, Stratford Circus in London, Museum of Contemporary Art
Chicago, MadArt Gallery, The Lobby - nightclub, Tompkins Park, Chashama's
street window in New York City, TV, radio, off-off broadway productions,
movie screenings, bars, and audio synchronized to an installation projected
against a building.

Michael Wittgraf has won the University of Minnesota Craig and Janet Swan
Sesquicentennial Commissioning Project. Additionally, his music has received
special distinction in the ASCAP/Nissim Foundation Composition Contest, and
he has been a finalist in the Ladislav Kubik International Prize in
Composition, the Modern Chamber Players International Composition Contest,
and the Pi Kappa Lambda Chamber Music Composition Competition. His music has
been performed by many artists, including Zeitgeist, Trio Montecino, the
Chiara String Quartet, the BECS Quartet of the National Symphony Orchestra,
the Minnesota Orchestra, the University of Minnesota Symphony Orchestra,
Thursday Musical of St. Paul, the University of North Dakota Wind Ensemble,
the DuQuesne Contemporary Ensemble, and Tempus Fugit. Dr. Wittgraf has been
commissioned through the National Symphony Orchestra, the North Dakota
Council on the Arts, the North Dakota Music Teachers Association, The
Greater Grand Forks Symphony Orchestra, and many other organizations,
ensembles and performers. He was the commissioned composer for the National
Symphony's North Dakota Residency in 2003. His music has been funded by the
Composer Assistance Program of the American Music Center. He has been
composer-in-residence for the Greater Grand Forks Symphony Orchestra, and is
active in the Grand Forks region as a performer, composer, and lecturer.

Also composers Chris Huvaere, Ryan Lombard, Nayla Mehdi, Mark Vaughn, and
Elizabeth Whitehorn.

Electronic Music Midwest is dedicated to programming of a wide variety of
electroacoustic music and providing the highest quality performance of
electronic media. Our goal is to bring together vibrant and interesting
artists of all forms, give them a vehicle for their expressions, and a place
for them to share ideas with others.

The EMM "mini's" were created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of EMM. The
goal was to help other institutions and venue produce electroacoustic
concerts in their community. It's a way for composers in the same geographic
area an opportunity to interact with other composers, audiences, and
students. In some cases, it's a way for teachers to grants performance
opportunities for their students in a professional setting.

Since its beginning, EMM has programmed over 500 new electroacoustic
compositions. Composers have traveled from around the world to graciously
share their music with audiences in the Midwest and beyond. EMM strives to
create an environment conducive to building community interaction.
http://www.emmfestival.org

The Electronic Music Midwest & Mountains mini-Festival features an 8.1
channel surround-sound environment for live diffusion and projection. The
festival is sponsored by the School of Music's MONSTER Studios, home of the
Bachelor of Arts in Music Technology. Reynolds Recital Hall is located in
Howard Hall, across from the MSU Duck Pond.

The Electronic Music Midwest "Mini" Festival
Saturday, February 22, 2014
concerts at 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM, 4:30 PM, and 7:30 PM
Reynolds Hall
The Montana State University School of Music
Bozeman, Montana
FREE ADMISSION

Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Composers_Voice_logo_2012.jpg>

COMPOSER <http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/14-02-23.htm> 'S
VOICE PRESENTS THE 4TH ANNUAL TRAJETORIA BRASILEIRA

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 1:00 PM

Composer's Voice presents its 4th Annual Trajetoria Brasileira at Jan Hus
Church. The concert will feature Brazilian and Brazilian inspired works
featuring the ensemble Tom do Brasil and the duo David Souza, and Anoush
Moazzeni for Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame. The concert will include the work of
Brazilian composer Rodrigo Baggio performed by guitarists Cristian Amigo and
Angela Babin. Also will be a performance from Brazilian violinist Marcos dal
Medico performing the works for David Morneau, Dafina Zeqiri Nushi, Sergio
Roberto de Oliveira, and Yan Pang.

Eva Ingolf <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Tom_do_Brasil.jpg>

Originally formed to perform the Brazilian music style "Choro," TOM DO
BRASIL has expanded their repertoire to include Bossa Nova, Forro,
Sertanejo, and new works by contemporary composers inspired by the sounds of
Brazil.

David Souza <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/David_Souza.jpg>

Tenor David Souza received the First Prize at "Solo with Orchestra
Competition" in Quebec City and at "Disk Recording Competition 2012 Edition"
and the prize of best singer of brazilian popular music at Cotovia
Competition in 2000.

Anoush Moazzeni <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Anoush_Moazzeni.jpg>

Persian born Anoush Moazzeni enjoys a performing career that has frequently
taken her around the world. Highlights of recent seasons have included
visits to America, Europe, and the Middle East.

Cristian Amigo <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Cristian_Amigo.jpg>

Cristian Amigo is an American composer, guitarist, producer, and educator
who explores connections between art, music and American popular and roots
musics. He is currently composer-in-residence at INTAR Theater in New York
City where he produces concerts and the INTAR Roots & New Music Festival.
His awards include fellowships from the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial
Foundation, the Smithsonian Institution Center for Folklife and Cultural
Heritage, and Meet the Composer and the National Endowment for the Arts.

Angela Babin <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Angela_Babin.jpg>

Angela Babin has been playing guitar since she was 10 years old. She learned
how to play at Girl Scout camp and first performed live at Folk City when
she was 13 years old. She subsequently started playing electric guitar in a
band that played at NYC high school dances and block parties when she was
14. Angela entered the downtown New York music scene playing with Off Beach
and the Ordinaires in 1979, and got to perform all over Europe, Canada and
the US. Angela has been playing guitar and bass, composing and recording
with many bands and projects including Homer Erotic, Inviolate, the Raging
Hormones, and more.

Rodrigo Baggiof <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Rodrigo_Baggio.jpg>

Combining the Brazilian Music, Improvisation and elements of Contemporary
Classical Music, brazilian guitarist and composer Rodrigo Baggio has
excelled internationally. He is the recipient of the "Carl von Ossietzky
Composition Prize"

Roberto Dal Medico
<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Roberto_Dal_Medico.jpg>

Violinist Marcos Dal Medico began his violin studies at age seven with
Roberto Dal Medico, continuing on with Manfredo Clelio de Vincenzo and
Alberto Jaffe. He earned his Music Degree in Violin from UNESP (State
University of Sao Paulo) under the supervision of Professor Ayrton Pinto.
His teachers include Mary Lou Speaker, Gerald Rubinstein, Sergey Girchenko,
Marcello Guerchfeld, Mathey Torpe, Claudio Micheletti, Eliza Fukuda and
Pablo de Leon. He has performed as a guest violinist and soloist in many
Brazilian concert halls.

Douglas DaSilva <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Douglas_DaSilva.jpg>

Douglas DaSilva's composing is influenced by Brazilian music. As Artistic
Director for the Composer's Voice concert series "DaSilva knows just how to
tempt you with a delicious array of musical desserts that titillate your
ear." NM421 His compositions have been described as "very individual, and to
us has a very clear personality" in Classical Guitar Magazine.

David Morneau <http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/David_Morneau.jpg>

Described by Molly Sheridan as a "flashing beacon" of inspiration, David
Morneau's eclectic output is best exemplified by 60x365, his "ambitious
yearlong musical project" for which he composed a new one-minute composition
every day.

Dafina Zeqiri Nushi
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Dafina_Zeqiri_Nushi.jpg>

Dafina Zeqiri Nushi, is a Kosovar composer; among her honors are three
awards in the Cesk Zadeja competition for young composers in Tirana, Third
Prize in the pre-art competition for young composers in Zurich, the Theodore
Front Prize the International Alliance for Women in Music, the second prize
"Chopin Kosovo" Composers Competition (2012), and First Prize in Composers
Competition 2011 for chamber music from Kosovo Ministry of Culture.

Sergio Roberto de Oliveira
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Sergio_Roberto_de_Oliveira.jpg>

Sergio Roberto de Oliveira was nominee for the 12thLatin Grammy ("Best
Classical Contemporary Composition").

Sergio Roberto de Oliveira
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Yan_Pang.jpg>

Yan Pang is one of the most active composers of the new Chinese generation.
She has released a number of publications consisting of "Glorious Times",
published by the China Scientific & Cultural Audio-Video Publishing Company
in 2011, as well as score "Solis Ortus", and article "Comparative Music
Analysis of Scene of Sichuan Opera" which were issued by China People's
Cultural Art Publishing Company.

Jonathan Russell
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Jonathan_Russell.jpg>

Jonathan Russell is a composer, clarinetist, conductor, and educator, whose
work has been hailed as "incredibly virtuosic, rocking, and musical" (San
Francisco Classical Voice) and "a fantastically distorted perpetual motion
of awesome" (I Care If You Listen).

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>

"...the 15 Minutes of Fame project of Vox Novus is a godsend. " - NY Music
Culture Examiner Fifteen Minutes of Fame is 15 one-minute acoustic works by
different composers. Fifteen Minutes of Fame gives a variety of new music by
living composers to audiences hungry to hear what is being created in
today's music scene.

One of the premier showcases for promising composers, Composer's Voice
Concert Series is an opportunity for contemporary composers and musicians to
express their musical aesthetic and personal "voice." Composer's Voice has
presented over 100 concerts in New York City and scores of concert
performances throughout the world. "[Vox Novus offers] the presentation of
serious works by established and emerging composers. Those voices should be
heard, and they can even be reheard on the Vox Novus website
(http://www.VoxNovus.com)..." - New Music Connoisseur

Composer <http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/14-02-23.htm> 's
Voice Concert
Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 1:00 PM
Jan Hus Church
351 East 74th Street
(between First and Second Avenues) New York, New York FREE ADMISSION

<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/program/14-02-23.htm> Click here to
see the concert program

Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg> Javier
Perez Garrido
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composer/pic/Javier_Perez_Garrido.jpg>

Two Sets Fifteen Minutes of Fame with
<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/Javier_Perez_Garrido/>

Javier Perez Garrido in Alicante, Spain

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 1:00 PM

Composer's Voice International presents:Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Javier
Perez Garrido, Romances for solo clarinet to be premiered February 28, 2014
8:00 PM at Auditorio CAM de Alicante Calle Isabel la Catolica, 7, 03007
Alicante, Spain

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Suenos y Agitaciones:

Andrew Haile Austin; Matteo Bertolina; Erik Branch; Remigio Coco; Krystal J.
Grant; Shigeru Kan-no; Dmitry Kitsenko; Dimitar Pentchev; Christos Samaras;
Aimee Smith; Juan Maria Solare; Danilo Valadao; Luca Vanneschi; Blair
Whittington; Christopher M. Wicks

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Canciones de Esperanza:

Abigail J. Fox; Adam Edwards; Adam Torkelson; Akmal Parwez; Alexandr Simon;
Charis Bean Duke; Dale Trumbore; David Avshalomov; David Bohn; Eun Young
Lee; Jatziri Valtierra Rodriguez; Murray Gross; Neal Endicott; Rain
Worthington; Vladimir Karpenko

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Javier Perez Garrido, Romances for solo clarinet
Sue
<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/Javier_Perez_Garrido/S
uenos_y_Agitaciones/> nos y Agitaciones

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/Javier_Perez_Garrido/C
anciones_de_Esperanza/> Canciones de Esperanza
Friday, February 28, 2014 8:00 PM at
Auditorio CAM de Alicante
Calle Isabel la Catolica, 7, 03007
Alicante, Spain
FREE ADMISSION

Calendar

<http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar of Vox Novus Events
Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo_new.jpg>

Announcing results for Fifteen Minutes of Fame:
Japan Perspective with
Thomas Piercy and Vilian Ivantchev

Thomas Piercy, clarinet & Vilian Ivantchev, guitar are to premiere
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Japan Perspective on April 13, 2014 for the
Composer's Voice concert Series at the Jan Hus Church in New York City.

The theme of this call is Japan. The Japanese theme could include pieces
inspired by Japanese musical or visual art works (either traditional or
contemporary), pieces using technical elements found in Japanese music or
new works by Japanese composers.

<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Thomas_Piercy_02.jpg>

Thomas Piercy is a critically acclaimed clarinetist with orchestral,
concerto, solo and chamber music appearances throughout the Americas, Europe
and Asia. His performances have been described by critics as "passionate,"
"pulling out all the stops," "the best Piazzolla in NYC," and by the New
York Times as "brilliant," "playing with refinement and flair" and "evoking
a panache in the contemporary works." He studied at the Juilliard School and
Mannes College of Music. He studied clarinet extensively with the English
clarinetist Gervase De Peyer; additional studies were with Kalmen Opperman
and Leon Russianoff. A versatile artist defying categorization - the
clarinetist on the Emmy Award-winning Juno Baby CD and DVDs; performing
Mozart with mezzo-soprano Frederica von Stade; playing Broadway songs with
Raoul Julia; working with the composer Leonard Bernstein; appearing in a
KRS-ONE rap music video; performing concert improvisations with jazz pianist
Donal Fox; premiering new works; recording with members of Maroon 5 - as an
instrumentalist, he has performed and recorded for Broadway and
Off-Broadway, commercial recordings, television, radio, videos, and movie
soundtracks.

<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Vilian_Ivantchev.jpg>

Guitarist Vilian Ivantchev began his studies in his native country,
Bulgaria, at the Lubomir Pipkov National Music School. When he moved to New
York at age 11, he joined the Mannes Preparatory Division and its honors
program. Mr. Ivantchev holds a Bachelor's Degree from Mannes the New School
for Music and a Master's Degree from Manhattan School of music. In

Selected composers for Fifteen Minutes of Fame include:
Different Perspectives Over A Short Moment by Rodrigo Baggio,
Meandering in Kotoku-in by Jean-Patrick Besingrand,
Chi by David Bohn,
Satoyama by Julius Bucsis,
Hazy Aso by Young-Shin Choi,
First Snow by Masatora Goya,
Japan Perspective by Shigeru Kan-no,
Shianbashi by Laszlo Kekszakallu,
Japan Perspective by Emil Khoury,
(Mugen No Aki) by Danny W. Leo,
HIP by Luigi Morleo,
Matsuri Miniature by Lucas Oickle,
Tombeau de torui by Thomas Schuttenhelm,
Edo by Samuel Stokes, and
Sokyoku by Donald Reid Womack

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/andPlay/> You can
find more information here
http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/featuring/andPlay/

Vox Novus Projects

<http://www.voxnovus.com> Vox Novus <http://www.60x60.com> 60x60
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/> Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/> Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/resources/American_Composer_Timeline.htm> American
Composer Timeline
<http://www.composerssite.com/> Composer's Site
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/> NM421 - New Music for the 21st Century

Opportunities

Fifteen Minutes of Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen_Minutes_of_Fame_logo.jpg>

<http://www.voxnovus.com/15_Minutes_of_Fame/calls/>
Fifteen Minutes of Fame

CALL FOR SCORES

Fifteen Minutes of Fame: Matthew Rosenberg
bassoon solo

Deadline: February 21, 2014

Vox Novus is calling for one-minute pieces composed for
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Matthew Rosenberg, bassoon to be premiered in a
video performance scheduled for June 2014. The video of this performance
will be available for viewing on the Vox Novus website, Summer 2014.

<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Matthew_Rosenberg.jpg>
MaD Circle
Call for Works
Tangos and Waltzes

Deadline: February 28, 2014

Vox Novus is calling for music for dance to be presented on two performances
in New York City on MaD Circle in the summer of 2014. MaD Circle is a
special dance and new music performance on the Composer's Voice concert
series in New York City. One performance will feature music and dance
inspired by the waltz form, the other inspired by the tango form. All
selected music will be choreographed for these performances. This call is
open to all composers. There is no fee to submit.

The works should find their inspiration in, and incorporate the style of,
the Tango form OR the Waltz form. Composers are free to interpret the
selected form how they see fit. All works must be rendered in recorded form
(either electro-acoustic composition or recordings of live instruments). No
live music will be used for this project. Works must be 3-5 minute in
length. No works over 5 minutes will be reviewed Submission Deadline:
February 28, 2014

Works need to be submitted via electronically here at the following:
http://voxnovus.net/cgi-bin/tango_waltz/register.cgi

The 3-5 minute pieces are to be written specifically for this project. This
call is open to all composers.

Click here for more details
<http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/calls/>
http://www.voxnovus.com/composersvoice/calls/