[Voxnovus] NM421> This weekend with Vox Novus! 60x60 reaches for the stars - Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame from Greece to the Midwest

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Thu Oct 15 12:12:57 EDT 2015

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/15-10-07.htm> online version

 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century

October 14, 2015

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER
New Music for the 21st Century
> Vox Novus Festival - 15 Years of New Music
> WE NEED YOU!
PERFORMANCES
> 60x60 at Fleischmann Planetarium
> Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Alex Lubet
> Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame with Iwona Glinka
OPPORTUNITIES
> Composer Opportunites on Music Avatar
 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 60x60 <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Vox_Novus_Festival_logo.jpg>

Vox Novus Festival - 15 Years of New Music

Vox Novus has 15 years producing, presenting and promoting new music.
Founded by composer Robert Voisey, Vox Novus uses a "maximalist" approach
introducing new work to audiences everywhere.

With a spirit of discovery, Vox Novus uses its concert programs to empower
thousands of composers and musicians in 40 countries on 5 continents. For
more than a decade, Vox Novus has commissioned and premiered the works of
composers around the world from every walk of life with different
aesthetics, styles, and career stages. Vox Novus always embraces an ideology
of presenting a broad cross-section of the great wealth of contemporary
music being written today.

Endeavoring to reach the largest audience, Vox Novus has presented over 500
performances across the planet. Highlight presentations include Carnegie
Hall, Stratford Circus for Open Weekend for 2012 Olympics, Winter Garden
Atrium, Enwave Theater in Toronto, St Louis Sheldon Theater for the American
Arts Experience, Dance Parade in Tompkins Park, and the Museum of
Contemporary Art in Chicago.

Vox Novus brings its programming approach to common and untraditional venues
alike focusing on reaching audiences with dynamic presentation practices.
Performances have been presented in various types of venues from concert
halls to classrooms; from contemporary museums to art galleries; from
projections on building walls to installations in storefront windows; from
large public atriums to bars and nightclubs. Vox Novus has presented its
performances on TV, radio, Internet, film, video, festivals, concert
performances, bar/nightclub happenings and sound/art installations.

Vox Novus believes strongly in the intrinsic value of contemporary music,
recognizing it as a force in the advancement of culture and art. Our goal is
to keep music alive by strengthening the connection between composer and
audience, providing greater exposure to new music.

Vox Novus is celebrating with a festival of performances from its Composer's
Voice, 60x60, Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, Circuit Bridges, and xMV performance
programs.

You can see the concert program here: http://www.voxnovus.com/XV

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 Vox Novus
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Vox_Novus_and_cleff_white_on_black.jpg>

WE NEED YOU!

The biggest asset Vox Novus has always had is the power of the people!
Without the directors, staff, composers. musicians, performers, artists, and
most importantly our audiences, Vox Novus would not be able to do the work
we do. Vox Novus wants to continue its mission presenting and promoting new
music and the people who create it.

VOX NOVUS NEEDS YOUR HELP!

The vox Novus Festival is a great rally point to let the public know that
new music is relevant and that the new music community deserves support.
All we need you to do is talk up Vox Novus, the festival, and its programs
60x60, Composer's Voice, Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, Circuit Bridges, xMV,
Composers' Site, Music Avatar, the American Composer Timeline, etc
If you have ever benefited from Vox Novus in the past, this is the time to
give us a "shout out," "like," "mention," and tell people Vox Novus is "on
fleek!"

Numbers matter, the more people we have talking about Vox Novus on social
media the more Vox Nvous will have the strength to continue to present new
music in venues like the Winter Garden.

Some easy places to promote:

Twitter
@VoxNovus
#VoxNovusFestival
#60x60

60x60 Dance

http://artsbrookfield.com/event/60x60-dance/
http://brookfieldplaceny.com/events/60x60
<http://artsbrookfield.com/event/60x60-dance/>

@ArtsBrookfield
@BrookfieldPLNY

Facebook

Vox Novus  <https://www.facebook.com/VoxNovusFestival> Festival
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame <https://www.facebook.com/events/1667860936761346/>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame <https://www.facebook.com/events/1491017064556629/>

60x60  <https://www.facebook.com/events/1494704587520633/> Dance
60x60  <https://www.facebook.com/events/1689750407924995/> Dance
Circuit  <https://www.facebook.com/events/168394650166550/> Bridges
xMV <https://www.facebook.com/events/1638225316456531/>

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 60x60 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/60x60-Fleischmann_Planetarium.jpg>

60x60 Accompanying the Stary Sky in Reno, Nevada

On Friday October 15, 2015 6:00 PM 60x60 will make its debut at its first
planetarium performance in Reno, Nevada. The Fleischmann Planetarium and
Science Center will be featuring the 60x60 Presenters mix

The 60x60 Presenters mix is designed to honor and present those composers
who have helped promote the 60x60 cause. This mix of 60x60 includes the
works of composers who have presented 60x60 performances in the past,
present and future. Robert Ratcliffe is the audio coordinator for the 60x60
(2012) Presenters Mix.

A big thank you to planetarium director Dan Ruby - who went out of his way
to organize this presentation of 60x60! Thank you University of Nevada, Reno
/ the Fleischmann Planetarium / and especially planetarium director Dan Ruby
for this unique presentation of 60x60!

Composers in the 60x60 Presents Mix include:

Liana Alexandra, Ricardo Arias, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz, Rich Bitting, Benjamin
Boone, Scott Brickman, George Brunner, Paul Clouvel, Zlatko Cosic, Douglas
DaSilva, Brad Decker, Paul Dibley, Erin Dougherty, Leonardo Duerto, Chris
Flores, Douglas Geers, Josh Goldman, Melissa Grey, David Gunn, Bruce
Hamilton, Dorothy Hindman, Yoko Honda, Lynn Job, Aaron Krister Johnson, Tova
Kardonne, Juraj Kojis, Patrick Liddell, Elainie Lillios, Moises Linares,
John Link, Blake Martin, Charles Norman Mason, Mike McFerron, Jeff Morris,
Serban Nichifor, Rich O'Donnel, Michael James Olson, David R Peoples, Kala
Pierson, Christopher Preissing, William Price, Gene Pritsker, Robert
Ratcliffe, Robert Sazdov, Jacky Schreiber, Nivedita ShivRaj, Alan Shockley,
Juan Maria Solare, Adam Sovkoplas, Adam Stansbie, Allan Strange, Eldad
Tsabary, Katerina Tzedaki, Jeremy Van Buskirk, Robert Voisey, Patricia
Walsh, Andrew Walters, Rodney Waschka, Aaron Word, and Sabrina Pena Young

You can see the concert program here:
http://www.voxnovus.com/60x60/2012_Presenters_Mix.htm

60x60 at Fleischmann Planetarium
60x60 Presenters Mix
Friday - 10/16/2015 - 6:00 PM
Fleischmann Planetarium and Science Center
K-12 Outreach and Informal Education, Raggio Research Center for STEM
Education
Mail Stop 0272
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
planetarium.unr.edu
breakcamps.unr.edu

 Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame_logo.jpg>  Alex Lubet
<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Alex_Lubet.jpg>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame:
Alex Lubet, steel-string guitar
October 17 MINNESOTA & October 23, 2015 WINNIPEG, CANADA

Vox Novus presents an encore performance of Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Alex
Lubet, steel-string guitar. 15 one-minute works by 15 composers: Jay
Afrisando, Nathaniel Akers, James T. Connolly, Jim Dalton, Douglas DaSilva,
Gordon Fitzell, Diarmid Flatley, James E. Holdman, Alex Lubet, Liam Moore,
Yan Pang Clark, Zack Pentecost, Etienne Rollin, Justin Rosin, and Bob
Siebert, 7:30pm October 17, at the Dreamland Arts in St. Paul and 12:30pm,
October 23, at the Eva Clare Hall, Desautels Faculty of Music, 65 Dafoe
Road, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2, Canada

 Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame_logo.jpg>   Iwona
Glinka <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Iwona_Glinka.jpg>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame:
Mother's Day Flute with Iwona Glinka
October 18, 2015 ATHENS, GREECE

Iwona Glinka will present an encore performance of Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame:
Mother's Day Flute selections, 15 one-minute works by 15 composers: Silvan
Abdilla, Erol Bugra Balci, Emanuela Ballio, Jonathan Blumhofer, Erik Branch,
Inna Buganina, Fermino Gomes, Tom Hamilton, David Heinick, Vladimir
Karpenko, Albert HC Manders, Jennifer Merkowitz, Troy Ramos, Blair
Whittington, and Christopher M. Wicks 12:00pm at the NIKOLAOS MANTZAROS
CONSERVATORY

Vox Novus  <http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar

 <http://www.voxnovus.com/calendar> Calendar of Vox Novus Events

 <http://www.Voxnovus.com/calendar> CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VOX NOVUS CALENDAR

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>

Opportunities
on
Music Avatar

 <http://www.MusicAvatar.org>
Opportunities
Music Avatar is a great new way to upload works for composer opportunities
hassle free! You will be able to submit, update, and modify your submission
all the way up to the deadline date of the opportunity. www.MusicAvatar.org

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>

Unsubscribe