[Voxnovus] NM421> THE VOX NOVUS FESTIVAL IS HERE!!! CELEBRATING 15 YEARS OF NEW MUSIC

Robert Voisey (Vox Novus) RobVoisey at VoxNovus.com
Tue Oct 20 22:41:28 EDT 2015

Can't view this email properly? Click here for the online version
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/issue/15-10-21.htm>

 <http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421> New Music for the 21st Century

October 21, 2015

VOX NOVUS NEWSLETTER
New Music for the 21st Century
> Vox Novus Festival - 15 Years of New Music
PERFORMANCES
Vox Novus Festival in New York City
> xMV eXperimental Music Video
> Circuit Bridges: Festival Circuit
> 60x60 Dance at the Winter Garden
> Composer's Voice at Symphony Space
> 60x60 Surround Sound at Spectrum
VOX NOVUS – USA FESTIVAL IN ROMANIA
> 60x60 Dance - National University of Bucharest
> Vox Novus Festival Romania - Romanian Athenaeum, Bucharest “George Enescu”
Philharmonica
> Vox Novus Festival Romania - National College of Art “Regina Maria”
> 60x60 at Miami University
OPPORTUNITIES
> Composer Opportunites on Music Avatar
 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 60x60 <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Vox_Novus_Festival_logo.jpg>

Vox Novus Festival - 15 Years of New Music

Vox Novus has 15 years producing, presenting and promoting new music. Vox
Novus uses a “maximalist” approach introducing new work to audiences
everywhere.

With a spirit of discovery, Vox Novus uses its concert programs to empower
thousands of composers and musicians in 40 countries on 5 continents. For
more than a decade, Vox Novus has commissioned and premiered the works of
composers around the world from every walk of life with different
aesthetics, styles, and career stages. Vox Novus always embraces an ideology
of presenting a broad cross-section of the great wealth of contemporary
music being written today.

Endeavoring to reach the largest audience, Vox Novus has presented over 500
performances across the planet. Highlight presentations include Carnegie
Hall, Stratford Circus for Open Weekend for 2012 Olympics, Winter Garden
Atrium, Enwave Theater in Toronto, St Louis Sheldon Theater for the American
Arts Experience, Dance Parade in Tompkins Park, and the Museum of
Contemporary Art in Chicago.

Vox Novus brings its programming approach to common and untraditional venues
alike focusing on reaching audiences with dynamic presentation practices.
Performances have been presented in various types of venues from concert
halls to classrooms; from contemporary museums to art galleries; from
projections on building walls to installations in storefront windows; from
large public atriums to bars and nightclubs. Vox Novus has presented its
performances on TV, radio, Internet, film, video, festivals, concert
performances, bar/nightclub happenings and sound/art installations.

Vox Novus believes strongly in the intrinsic value of contemporary music,
recognizing it as a force in the advancement of culture and art. Our goal is
to keep music alive by strengthening the connection between composer and
audience, providing greater exposure to new music.

Vox Novus is celebrating with a festival of performances from its Composer’s
Voice, 60x60, Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, Circuit Bridges, and xMV performance
programs.

You can see the concert program here: http://www.voxnovus.com/XV

 New Music for the 21st Century
<http://www.voxnovus.com/NM421/img/14-12-29-NM421_breaker.jpg>
 xMV <http://www.voxnovus.com/XV/xMV//data1/images/xmv_banner_v2.jpg>

xMV eXperimental Music Video

eXperimental music video (xMV) will be presenting a screening of film music
and experimental music videos on October 22, 2015 6:30pm at Gallery MC and
then present an ongoing installation from October 22 – 24, 2015

xMV - explores the vast genre of new music being synchronized in film and
experimental video. Twelve best videos were chosen out of about a hundred of
submissions received, viewed and evaluated since September 2014 form an
International call for works.

Twelve videos will be screened in the Vox Novus Festival on October 22, 2015
at 6:30 PM at Gallery MC in NYC. The videos will be presented at Gallery MC
in an ongoing installation throughout the festival October 23rd and 24th
from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Experimental Music Video (xMV) is a series curated
by Milica Paranosic in partnership with Vox Novus and Paracademia.

Founded in 2008 by Robert Voisey, xMV ran 6 shows at Collective: Unconscious
in Tribeca, New York City. xMV is designed to present the wide world of the
collaborative effort of people experimenting with video and music. From
music videos to psychedelic art film with abstract imagery, from minimalism
to edgy pop; xMV runs the gambit of what to expect and not to expect in
experimental video and experimental music.

Milica Paranosic revived the xMV project in celebration of Vox Novus
presenting 15 years of new music. She put out an International call and had
3 screenings where people judged the winners for the final festival
screening.

Founded in 2014, Circuit Bridges is a monthly electroacoustic concert
series, held at Gallery MC in New York City. Our mission is to connect with
similar organizations from around the globe that foster and promote
innovative electroacoustic music and sound. Our concerts feature local
composers and sound artists and those from visiting communities and immerse
audiences in the vast wealth of electroacoustic music being created today.
Circuit Bridges is dedicated to creating a community for creators of
electroacoustic music and strives to explore all that is currently being
innovated in electronic music.

eXperimental music video (xMV)
Vox Novus Festival
screening October 22, 2015 6:30pm
Gallery MC
549 west 52nd street
8th floor
New York City, NY 10019

<http://www.gallerymc.org/h/circuit-bridges-concert-no-37-festival-circuit/>
Circuit Bridges

Circuit Bridges: Festival Circuit

Circuit Bridges: Festival Circuit is presenting a unique collaboration with
the Birmingham Art Music Alliance on October 22nd 8:00 PM at Gallaery MC.

This Circuit Bridges Concert collaboration with the Birmingham Art Music
Alliance, Birmingham, Alabama and co-curated with Monroe Golden will feature
works from Birmingham composers in collaboration which featured New York
composers last month on the BAMA Festival.

The Birmingham Art Music Alliance is an autonomous nonprofit organization
with the twofold mission of promoting music by Alabama composers and
presenting concerts of recently created art music to communities in
Birmingham and beyond. Members include local composers, professional
performers, students, and enthusiasts who wish to preserve and maintain the
long tradition of music as a living art form.

Circuit Bridges is dedicated to highlighting the community of
electroacoustic music creators. Circuit Bridges strives to explore all music
under the electroacoustic umbrella. This includes but is not limited to
sonic art, radio art, glitch, circuit bending, electronica, real-time
improvisation, network performance, audiovisual composition, mash-up, and
data sonification. Its mission is to connect with artists from around the
globe to present the wealth of electroacoustic music being written today.

Founded in 2014, Circuit Bridges is a monthly electroacoustic concert
series, held at Gallery MC in New York City. Our mission is to connect with
similar organizations from around the globe that foster and promote
innovative electroacoustic music and sound. Our concerts feature local
composers and sound artists and those from visiting communities and immerse
audiences in the vast wealth of electroacoustic music being created today.
Circuit Bridges is dedicated to creating a community for creators of
electroacoustic music and strives to explore all that is currently being
innovated in electronic music.

Circuit Bridges: Festival Circuit
OCTOBER 22, 2015 8:00 PM
Gallery MC
549 W 52nd Street
8th Floor
New York City, NY 10019

<http://www.gallerymc.org/h/circuit-bridges-concert-no-37-festival-circuit/>
Gallery MC

 <http://artsbrookfield.com/event/60x60-dance/> 60x60 Dance

60x60 Dance

60x60 Dance presents 60 one-minute audio pieces by different composers
paired with 60 different dances creating a one-hour non-stop performance.
Two performances at 12:30 PM and 8:00 PM on Friday, October 23rd in the
Winter Garden at Brookfield Place, New York City make up part of the Vox
Novus Festival celebrating its 15 years presenting and promoting new music.

“The idea — 60 new dance pieces are performed to 60 new pieces of music,
each lasting no more than 60 seconds — is quite mad. But it’s this kind of
madness that makes the cultural world go round” –New York Times

This one-hour audio mix is a compilation of works submitted to the 60x60
project from its beginning in 2003 and includes music luminaries: Joan
LaBarbara, Annea Lockwood, Pauline Oliveros, Laurie Spiegel, Barry Truax; as
well as, Greg Bartholomew, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz, Eve Beglarian, Stephen
Betts, John Biggs, John Bilotta, Benjamin Boone, George Brunner, Warren
Burt,CDZ, Paul Clouvel, Dan Cooper, Lin Culbertson, Alvin Curran, Douglas
DaSilva, Brad Decker, Robert Dick, Larry Gaab, Iris Garrelfs, Monroe Golden,
Josh Goldman, Melissa Grey, David Gunn, David Hahn, Andy Hasenpflug, Lynn
Job, Aaron Johnson, Tova Kardone, Juraj Kojs, HyeKyung Lee, Stephen Lias,
Patrick Liddell, Elainie Lillios, John Link, Charles Norman Mason, Paula
Matthusen, Mike McFerron, Angela McGary, Christian McLeer, David Morneau,
Jeff Morris, Serban Nichifor, , Milca Paranosic, Maggi Payne, Joe Pehrson,
Gene Pritsker, Margaret Schedel, Judith Shatin, Alan Shockley, Allen
Strange, Hans Tammen, Eldad Tsbary, Robert Voisey, Jane Wang, and Rodney
Waschka.

Eclectic by nature, 60x60 Dance offers an unmatched diversity of styles,
making for a fast-speed, electrifying, one-of-a-kind performance that never
ceases to surprise. Dances will span all forms from ballet to hip-hop to
ballroom and contemporary, while music includes neo-romantic, folk
,tech-house, noise, rock and everything but the kitchen sink. This year’s
60x60 Dance is co-directed by choreographers Fran Sperling (SkyBody) and
Andrea Skurr (Ruah, Inc).

Notable choreographers returning to 60x60 Dance for this unique performance
include: Daniel Gwirtzman, Nicole Buggé, BEings dance with Emily Bufferd,
Inclined Dance Project with Kristen Klein; a well as, Gwen Potter, Charly
Wenzel, Jamila Holman, Jen Roit, Gwen Potter, Holly Maddock, Monifa Kincaid,
Aimee Plauche, Jonathan Lassiter, Jenny Efremova, Erin Pryor, Joey Dillon,
Jennifer & Jaclyn Enchin, Sameena Mitta, Mito Pavio, Angel Fan, Daniel
Gwirtzman, Joya Powell, Sean Boyt, Sarah Esser, KatieRose, Jerel Hercules,
Karesia Batan, Morgelyn Tenbeth-Ward, Katelyn Halpern, Caitlin Dulton,
Hannah Ulmer, Jaime Shannon, James Huggins, Rebecca McCurdy, Ann Dragich,
Natalie Eramo, Rachel Harvest, Bassam Kubba, Randy Kato, Katya Bryleva, and
many more!

 Charly_Wenzel-Photo_by_intipachurinphotography
<http://www.voxnovus.com/press/photos/Charly_Wenzel-Photo_by_intipachurinpho
tography.jpg>

60x60 Dance is being presented at the Winter Garden at Brookfield Place in
New York City as part of the Vox Novus Festival celebrating 15 years of new
music. The festival highlights other Vox Novus programs: Composer’s Voice,
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, and Circuit Bridges from October 22-24 at Symphony
Space, the Winter Garden, and Gallery MC. Visit www.VoxNovus.com/XV for more
details.

Vox Novus Festival:60x60 Dance
Friday, October 23, 2015 12:30 pm and 8:00 pm
Brookfield Place Winter Garden 230 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
FREE admission
http://artsbrookfield.com/event/60x60-dance/
<http://artsbrookfield.com/event/60x60-dance>

 Composer's Voice
<http://www.voxnovus.com/XV/Composers_Voice/data1/images/composers_voice_ban
ner.jpg>

Composer's Voice

The Composer’s Voice concert series will be presenting a unique showcase of
living composers at Symphony Space October 24th at 2:30 PM and 8:00 PM. The
performance is part of the Vox Novus festival celebrating 15 years of new
music.

The Composer's Voice Concert Series is an opportunity for contemporary
composers to express their aesthetic and personal voice. Founded in 2001,
Composer’s Voice has presented more than 100 concerts in New York City. The
series has premiered thousands of works from living composers from around
the world. Music is chosen from a wide range of contemporary composers of
every genre, style, and aesthetic. Works are performed by musicians devoted
to new music. Performances are recorded and archived to further promote new
music, performers, and composers.

This afternoon’s Composer’s Voice concert will feature “Rumi Settings” by
Augusta Read Thomas a long time member of Vox Novus. The work will be
performed by violinist Paris Lavidis and violist Amelia Krinke from Face the
Music. Face the Music is the only teen ensemble in the U.S. dedicated to the
creation and performance of music by living composers. In residence at
Kaufman Music Center, the 170+-member Face the Music has taken its place as
a full-fledged player in New York City’s vibrant contemporary classical
scene, rapidly becoming what Allan Kozinn of the New York Times has called
“a force in the New York new-music world.”

 Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame
<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame_logo.jpg>  Stephen
Porter <http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Stephen_Porter_XV.jpg>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame:
Re-Imagining Schubert with Stephen Porter

The concert will also feature Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Re-Imagining Schubert
with Stephen Porter, piano. Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame is a project which
features fifteen one-minute works by fifteen composers, written specifically
for the performer. The purpose of the project is to promote a great variety
of contemporary music to audiences hungry to hear what living composers are
writing today. Stephen Porter is an acclaimed pianist who has appeared as a
soloist in major cities around the world. He will perform one-minute works
by composers Justin Blackburn, Timothy J. Bowlby, Erik Branch, Alex Conde,
Paul Cowell, Rafael Gutiérrez Gandía, Konrad Harley, Gyuli Kambarova, Jona
Kümper, Douglas Madison, Norberto Oldrini, João Pedro Oliveira, Edward
Ruchalski, Dominic Sewell, and Juan María Solare.

The Composer's Voice Concert Series, listed as “One of the premier showcases
for promising composers” by Time Out New York, will present works by Joseph
Bohigian, Martin Bonk, Samuel Friedman, Masatora Goya, Cindi Hsu, Mark
Hagerty, Danny Leo, Lucas Oickle, Gene Pritsker, Augusta Read Thomas,
Faye-Ellen Silverman, Nobuyoshi Tanaka, David Wolfson, Rain Worthington, and
more.

The concert will feature performances by Joseph Bohigian, piano; Carlos
Boltes, viola; Sara Bonh, piano; Melanie Chirignan, flute; Scott Hill,
guitar; Eva Ingolf, violin; Jihee Jeong, soprano; Amelia Krinke, viola;
Paris Lavidis, violin; Sara Paar, voice; Stephen Porter, piano; Kazuki Ueki,
guitar; and David Wolfson, piano. They have performed around the world in
the US, Canada, the UK, France, Armenia, Iceland, Japan, Brazil, Chile, and
more..

The Composer's Voice Concert Series, described as “on the edge of what's
happening" - Brant Lyon, Great Weather for Media, will present works by
Syrlane Albuquerque, Rodrigo Baggio, Jeremy Beck, Douglas DaSilva, Danny
Leo, Annea Lockwood, Brandon Maahs, Serban Nichifor, Sergio Roberto de
Oliveira, Etienne Rolin, Max Stannard, Robert Voisey, Blair Whittington, and
more.

The evening Composer’s Voice concert will feature the works of Annea
Lockwood a long term friend of Vox Novus. Her works RCSC and Gone! will be
performed by pianist Yumi Suehiro. The concert will also feature the
premiere of Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Chaotic Dreams with Yumi Suehiro,

<http://www.voxnovus.com/img/Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame_logo.jpg>  Yumi Suehiro
<http://www.voxnovus.com/member/pic/Yumi_Suehiro_01.jpg>

Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame:
Chaotic Dreams with Yumi Suehiro

One-minute works in Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame are by composers Stephen
Aprahamian, Fabian Beltran, Jean-Patrick Besingrand, Francisco del Pino,
Anthony Donofrio, James Gaddas, Steven Harry Markowitz, Luigi Morelo,
Mathieu Daniel Polak, Tomás Peire Serrate, Saman Shahi, Edward Strauman,
Gabriele Toia, Luca Vanneschi, and Martin Watt.

The concert will feature performances by Hirona Amamiya, soprano; Sara Bong,
piano; Kenji Haba, guitar; Christina Hourihan, soprano; Tzu-En Lee, violin;
Roberta Michel, flute; Kyungmi Nam, piano; and Nautilus Brass Quintet.

New York City based new music organization Vox Novus is holding a festival
celebrating 15 years of presenting new music on October 22-24. The festival
highlights Vox Novus programs: 60x60 Dance, Composer’s Voice,
Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame, and Circuit Bridges. Six performances will feature
the work of hundreds of composers, performers, videographers,
choreographers, and dancers from around the world at Symphony Space, the
Winter Garden at Brookfield Place, and Gallery MC.

Vox Novus Festival: Composer’s Voice Concerts
Saturday, October 24, 2015 2:30 pm & 8:00 PM
Symphony Space
Leonard Nimoy Thalia
2537 Broadway, New York, NY 10025
$15 advance sales

 60x60 Surround Mix <http://www.voxnovus.com/img/60x60_Surround_logo.jpg>

60x60 Surround Sound Mix at Spectrum

On Sunday October 25, 2015 3:00 PM at Spectrum in New York City, Hans Tammen
will present the 60x60 Surround Sound Mix.

60x60 Surround Sound Mix

Vox Novus and Harvestworks invited composers and sound artists to submit
recorded works as 5.1 audio 60 seconds or less in length to be included in a
special 60×60 project collaboration in New York City. We received over 160
submissions.

60×60 is a one-hour-long show made by sequencing 60 pre-recorded pieces by
60 different composers, each piece a minute in length or shorter. A unique
collaboration between VoxNovus / Robert Voisey and Harvestworks in New York
City to create a 5.1 surround sound mix.

Every one-minute piece will be played continuously without pause. Each of
the 60 pieces will begin precisely at the beginning of the minute, this will
mark the end of one piece and the beginning of another.

Composers selected for the 60x60 Surround Sound Mix include:

Jeff Anderson, Daniel Bartos, Simon Belshaw, Jason Bolte, Mike Boyd, Andrei
Branea, Arnold Brooks, Steve Bull, Jeremy Van Buskirk, Alejandro Casales,
Ian Corbett, Douglas DaSilva, Jamez Dean, Blake Degraw, Rob Dietz, Lorenz
Erdmann, Bit.Seq~ (Fred Feeney), Josh Feldman, John Ferguson, Matt Fidler,
Tim Fodness, Enrico Francioni, Richard Garrett, Guiseppe Gavazza, Nate
Goossen, Scott Gresham-Lancaster, Jenn Grossman, Samuel Hertz, Jason
Hoffman, judsoN, Vivek Karun, John Kehoe, Andrew Levine, Jörg Lindenmaier,
Buddy Lorentz, Nicolas Marty, Mike McFerron, Claudi Meneghin, Tiago Morais,
Dafna Naphtali, Daniel Neumann, Serban Nichifor, Hull Pacific, Maggi Payne,
Chris Peck, Samuel Pellman, Patrick Pham, Julien Poidevin, Kevin Ramsay,
Cody Ranaldo, Steve Reinthal, Lorin Roser, Josh Simmons, Mary Simoni, David
Jason Snow, J Sohn, Yuri Spitsyn, Ariane St.Louis, Hans Tammen, Jamie Todd,
A. P. Vague, Robert Voisey, Jaeseong Wu, and Xo Xinh