[game_edu] Call for proposals 2008 Games for Change 5th Annual Festival

Alex Quinn alex at gamesforchange.org
Thu Jan 24 10:51:41 EST 2008

Games for Change is happy to announce a call for proposals for the 5th
Annual Games for Change Festival on June 2 - 4 at Parsons, the New School
for design in New York City.

PROPOSALS ARE DUE FEBRUARY 11th to:  events at gamesforchange.org.

Confirmed speakers include Jim Gee and Henry Jenkins in a keynote
conversation (in honor of our Fifth!) and many others!

Exciting new activities and partners are in the works, including a day-long
"101" workshop for those new to the field (aimed especially at non-profits)
on the first day of the festival June 2nd. Confirmed presenters there
include Barry Joseph (Global Kids), Eric Zimmerman (GameLab), Heather
Chaplin, (journalist/author) Katie Salen (Gamelab Institute of Play) Ian
Bogost (Persuasive Games) and Alan Gershenfeld (E-Line Ventures, formerly of
Activision).  Along with 2 full days of festival programming on June 3rd and
4th, there will be media and funders briefings, working group breakfasts,
Expo Night and lots of networking!

Please send your panel proposal to:  events at gamesforchange.org

Helpful hints: keep in mind we like discussion not Powerpoint presentations,
and we like a diversity of opinions.  We never have two people from the same
organization on the same panel, and we don't really show games on panels -
we play them during the Expo Night instead.

For last year's festival, please
see: http://www.gamesforchange.org/conference/2007/

We look forward to seeing your proposals!  New voices and perspectives
welcome!

Alex Quinn, Executive Director
Games for Change

www.gamesforchange.org