[game_edu] Where to post academic job offers?

Erin Hoffman erin.n.hoffman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:40:34 EDT 2008

I think the confusion was in that from what Sean was saying, the position is
being called game design but is an artist/animator position ("a term
assistant professorship in computer game design. It's an
artist/animator/etc. position."). There is no question that a variety of
training can produce a game designer, but I don't think animation/artist
experience qualifies one to *teach* game design, which is certainly
happening in some places (though I would be surprised to see it at a place
like George Mason). But then I'm very surprised at the number of game design
instructors I've found to have no game design experience at all. Like Mark I
was curious what they're looking for, and it might be helpful to the
committee to clarify either the title of the position (game art if it is
game art, etc) or the expertise they're seeking.

--Erin